Smallest tank for firemouths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big John

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find where. What is the smallest size tank for 2 firemouths? Also what other fish could go in that size tank with them if any? The 2 I have are currently about 1.5 inch and are in a 33g tank on their own.

I've seen 20g long recommended as the minimum for a pair of firemouths. I keep my firemouth alone in a 29g, although he's still a juvenile at 3" or so.

I've seen 20g long recommended as the minimum for a pair of firemouths. I keep my firemouth alone in a 29g, although he's still a juvenile at 3" or so.

Well I should be ok then I mis typed earlier its actually a 36g bf there in. I originally had them in with my Africans the lfs said they would be fine because I'm new to this I took their word for it, to be fair they were ok but reading everything on here I set up my spare tank for them. I should be able to put some other fish in with them then shouldn't I ?

40 gallon breeder would be the minimum for a pair and smaller tank mates like tetra IMO.

Thanks for the help in your opinion upto what size will they be ok in the tank there in on there own then?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom