Snail eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bennyrw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently started a shrimp tank with10 glass (ghost) and red cherry shrimp. There are also about a dozen little snails in there too which hitched a ride with some plants i bought.
I was cleaning the tank the other day and found about 6 of these little gooie things stuck all over the place.
I am assuming they are snail eggs but i don't know, I am sure some one out there knows what these are?
I don't mind having the little snails in there but I don't really want thousands of em so should I be getting rid of these?

Attachments

• image-1295873881.jpg
    image-1295873881.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image-884068799.jpg
    image-884068799.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 64
The egg sack things are about 10mm long and are a clear gooie substance with white spotty things in the middle. They stuck on the tank walls, around the filter and on the rock in tank.
It's hard to see but there are two snails in one of the pics on the right hand side on the substrate.

Yah those are snail eggs and if you don't want a snail infestation I would recommend getting rid of the eggs...and I would also say get rid of the snails but if you want them just stay on top of destroying the eggs

If you let the eggs hatch, as I have found out, it becomes a real pain to get the snails out as there is suddenly so many of them, if this happens to you I would recommend what I have been recommended and get assassin snails. If you want snails in your tank though that aren't a pest, the assassin is good because it doesn't reproduce very often, to keep on top of the problem should one arise, II would say to get about 4 assassins.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I will have to find out more about these assassin snails because i haven't seen any in fish shops around my joint.

Back
Top Bottom