Sniperhank's Red Sea S-series 500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should have dedicated more time to the problem, but I also have home maintenance that needs managed on top of a 48 hr work week.
On a positive note I have curtains up in most of my house after them vacating the house.
After work today I’m going to see if I can dislodge any more funk built up from under all the rocks with the powerheads and the ‘poking stick’

IMG_2014.jpg

Still needs a water change and the glass needs the calcium based algae scraping...but it’s getting there.
You can easily tell which rocks were hit with the pressure washer.
Hit a couple aiptasia I noticed with joes juice. Their applicator is much more sensitive than I’m used to.

Things are ok. Conch going to town.
Been nuking any aiptasia I see.
The zoas have started opening up and are looking a-ok. Every time I see a green paly it meets mr toothbrush.
There is algae covering the rocks that weren’t power washed. Not a problem as it isn’t overgrown and is stopped from going any further.
New salt showed up and will get things mixed up for water changes, just a tad under the weather and work all weekend.
Either way, things are on the right direction. Pretty much a holding pattern and killing aiptasia.

Good, maybe you will get all of them. Sorry to hear you are under the weather, should be some consolation that you are ridding the tank of the pests. That could cheer you. ;)

Big things today.
Finished about 10 gallon water change. During this I power washed off the rocks that were coated in algae.
Stopped off at my lfs and got some large turbos an algae blenny, a joe the coral, and these guys... IMG_2212.jpg
Also placed an order that’ll be here next week. Will be the return of the starfish, a naso tang, and a walking dendro.
I also had to order new parts for my skimmer pump. It stopped skimming and I took it apart. Done it a million times, but the shaft on the impeller was too long. This time it snapped clean in half. This time I’ll make sure if it’s too long I’ll shorten it and use glue to hold the ends on as well.

I started up a post to update the other day and fell asleep. So try this again.
Most of the order came in that I ordered from saltwaterfish.com. A massive sea hare, huge blue linkia, naso tang, and some clean up crew members of little interest.
The naso is stressed still. It is hard to observe him as it stands. Blotchy but no signs of ich or anything. I think I saw him eating. The masstick i put in today is gone when I got back today as well.
The linkia is just huge. It is moving all over at night. Pretty cool. IMG_2275.jpgIMG_2271.jpg
Sea hare is surprisingly fast. I was going to snap a picture of it when I laid eyes on it again tonight, but gone again before I got back with my phone.
Changed out what would be just shy of 15 gallons today. Did some minor removal of gunk, only if it was caught on or growing on my coral.
There were two items that did not pass inspection. Normally it’d turn into a store credit deal, but I asked how long it would take for them to be able to pass. Long story short I’m waiting on the notification that the red fromia starfish and walking dendro are ready to go.
All in all, things still look ugly but still moving in the right direction. This will be assisted by the brand new impeller that is now on my skimmer. Last week I might have accidentally snapped the shaft clean in half. 40 bucks later were skimming!

Quick update.
Things are going well. With the water changes and the skimmer being back online there has been a very visable reduction in algae in the system. Zoas and duncans showing full extension.
Have another large water change ready to complete either after work tomorrow or on Friday. It'll need done before that as the second half of my order from saltwaterfish.com will be arriving...with my new walking dendro.
Aside from that, I added a powder brown to the system again. It was at the local Petco and had been there for a week. Watched it eat as I chatted with the employees. See how its doing tomorrow since I'm working all day today. I added some masstick to give it something to chow down on besides the leftover hair algae.

Back
Top Bottom