Sniperhank's Red Sea S-series 500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another quick one today. One is of my large Duncan colony during a water change/stir up. We’ve talked about the different color polyps before, you can see it well here.
IMG_1658.jpg
IMG_1654.jpg

I kept an eye on things after acclimation. Lights out happened right before I left for work. I walked past the tank to take the dog out before I left, the walking dendro was already on the move. So cool. I can't wait to see where it is when I get home. Already seeing some areas to 'block' off to keep it in the front of the tank and out of the shaded areas.

It took some time to find it, but didn’t take much moving of things to get the walking dendro back where it belongs.
IMG_1689.jpg
IMG_1690.jpg
Pretty pleased with it.
As for the cbb, it is still adjusting to the tank and tankmates. It was excited when I approached the tank to feed today but did not eat with the other fish. I figured it’d happen, so I put down two plots of masstick. Haven’t seen it get to eat any, but it is just now starting to slowly plod around and pick at the rocks. Figure it is simply used to eating frozen, but there are always some aiptasia for it if it felt inclined to help me out.
The fromia looks to be doing well. It has moved around some. It hasn’t up and vanished into nothingness like the others yet so pretty hopeful. With its size it can easily get lost.
Also believe I have successfully blocked off any escape paths for the walking dendro to get to the back of the tank with rubble I had in the sump. Pretty pleased with it so far, so we’ll see.

I did some more minor adjustments last night. I picked the Duncan off the sandbed after seeing a couple small dead heads from sand being up against them.
I also pulled a chalice off of the rock it came secured on. This was the same rock that came on with zoas on it. They were just outgrowing the chalice and were overwhelming it. It’ll have a chance to grow out now on the other side of the tank. It brings a really neat bright pink to the table.
IMG_1721.jpgIMG_1719.jpgIMG_1717.jpgIMG_1715.jpgIMG_1716.jpg

Well, the copperband didn’t make it. I’m counting the days it survived as a blessing since I thought it was dead in the bag.
I also noticed tissue recession on my large chalice. Turns out, it went to war with the green palys that have been growing way too fast. I have since removed them from the area and in reality, would get rid of all of them if I could.
IMG_1838.jpg
I was also up at petco getting dog food and found this massive fat guy. I am feeling very lucky to have found him as he’s healthy and too big to be bullied by the sailfin and make anthias.
IMG_1837.jpg
And the rest remains the same. War with aiptasia. Feeding masstick through the gourmet grazer.

Thanks. He’s a monster. Never seen such a fat fish at any lfs near me. They had yellow eye kole tangs as well, but decided that one at a time in case this threw disease into the system.
The sailfin has quickly got in line. Thankfully isn’t given the treatment the female anthias gets from the male, who makes sure she stays away from the masstick patch. She only gets scraps.

IMG_1972.jpg
Just a quick update. Things are going well. Fish are fat.
I’ve been trying to kill off the green palys with no luck so far. The only other thing I can think of would be a kalk paste, but would have to order kalk in to do so.
Then is almost daily aiptasia killing. Not making much headway it feels like. Might think about trying peppermints again if I can get ahold of them locally and they are eating them.

IMG_1350.JPG
No, peppermint shrimp. Some will eat aiptasia and others won’t. Even the ones that will don’t always have a taste for them. It should be the wurd that eat them, but I can’t tell the difference looking at them in the store.

Back
Top Bottom