Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juts got back from a day of fishie shopping. lol Got a load of really nice stuff, I'll be posting pictures later when they are all in their proper places. :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393885830.324302.jpg

Found this to be interesting. I always forgot to mention the feather duster in the tank hadn't been out in awhile. It was odd. And just noticed this today, a new crown. It'll be interesting to see if another crowns since there were 2 in the tube. Wonder if one died or if something else was stressing them.

Well, sad day. Came home and the b/w maxima clam's shell was cleaned out. Though the dip was most likely necessary, was too late and too stressful probably. So, here is hoping that the continued stable parameters in the tank keep everything else fine. And now to keep on truckin.

Sorry about your clam, I know the feeling though, I knocked my one clam I did have off the rock and ripped his foot right out. :-( I'm scared to try another lol

Well it isn't that hard...my derasa keeps doing well. It is either one of two things, me getting maxima that are small or the fact they are maxima. We'll find out as I have a larger maxima in there that I bought for my birthday.

I pulled the trigger on an idea I've been thinking about for awhile. Turning off the moonlights. The thought goes back to some stuff I read forever ago about a true dark stage being healthy for the tank, even though they aren't very strong. Were off for an hour and I changed my mind. I was awed. So much had come out to play. Literally so many mini brittle stars they were being blown off and around by the power heads. Really cool. So, lights are unplugged. Probably get a cheap timer for them so there is an actual dark out this weekend.

Did u use to keep the blues on constantly? I always turn the lights out completely at night after about 2 hours I grab a little torch and start looking around iv found some monster sized pods peanut worms and brittle stars

One pretty neat thing I stumbled upon today. Saltwaterfish.com had their WYSIWYG email sent out, as normal. They had both the periwinkle colored monti danae that I have in my tank AND the harder to find orange montipora orange setosa. Really neat. Both really slow growers.

I don't have any luck with clams either seem to be able to keep everything else but I had to clams pass away on me, now it's like Carey said I'm afraid to try again but if I do try it's gonna be one at least 4" no more little ones

One pretty neat thing I stumbled upon today. Saltwaterfish.com had their WYSIWYG email sent out, as normal. They had both the periwinkle colored monti danae that I have in my tank AND the harder to find orange montipora orange setosa. Really neat. Both really slow growers.

M. Setosa is a great coral. Slow grower but the growth pattern is incredible. It's my favorite coral in my tank

Clams aren't hard. The coco worm in my tank is supposed to be much harder to keep. But I'm starting to believe size has something to so with how things are going. Not sure what the size should play though, as it really shouldn't.
And yes, I love that coral. Really neat. Mine grew into the shade and I need to see if I can move a rock as the tips are bleaching in the dark. Still a very vibrant orange that started as a very small frag.

I've been wanting a setosa for a couple years now, but the only guy who has any locally wont sell them. :-( Maybe in the new 40, and maybe even a clam. :) I also think a larger one would be a better choice for me, the tiny one wasnt very durable. We will see I guess. lol

Well, during water changes I noticed that the orange back wrasse is gone. That's a sad loss. I liked that fish. Oh well, can't get too caught up on it. I'll just keep it pushing as things that are in there have been stable for a long time. Don't know where it is, if it died in or out of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom