Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats too bad about the wrasse, I hate that, you have so many fish and then one day you realize you havent seen one in a while. I just realized my lawnmower blenny went missing from the 180g. :-( It's so sad but it does happen.

Well, I came home from work today and the clam isn't going to make it. That hammer packs one heck of a punch. I will also be holding off on clams for quite some time, even though the derasa continued to do great.
I tested phosphates while looking at it, since it was a really hard day at work today, and they are sitting at .04 still. Because of the continued .04, I'm going to begin feeding 3 time a week and see how things are.

Geez your having about as much luck with clams as I had in the past. Sorry for your loss :(

Well, maintenance day! I tested phosphates as this is the end of the month and GFO. Very obvious it had been used up. They tested at .13. It is also of note I have been feeding almost every other day this week.
So, the GFO has been switched out with Phosguard again. Tested at .17 after water change...must have been bubbles in the tube. Either way, testing will continue as the Phosguard works.
I also recharged the Seachem 'Purigen'...name is currently escaping me and replaced it in the reactor.
Things continue to look good. The derasa is looking amazing as is my coco worm. Blue symphodium continues to grow like a weed, not really caring if there is rock to grow on or not.
On an unrelated note, I read a short article about there being copepods in NYC's drinking water. That's kinda neat.

I think someone already snagged it, I don't see it, oh jk you said coming up...doh. Don't do it, you will maybe regret it ?

But that isn't talking me out of it...and your tanks aren't near clam ready anyway :p

I'll give it to a friend... Or QT it for a couple of months ;) :p

It's not on there yet, just checked :/.

Well, maybe it will fall on one of your euphys and kill it. Now wouldn't that be a waste of money. Kill the clam that is, not the euphy.

Thankfully someone snagged it up...that and the hippopus that popped up. Now that would have been a pickup. To bad it was 6'. Just need to buy a house and upgrade the tank.

Only maintenance today. I didn't test, as I have been working some details about my upcoming wedding...but I wanted to show off this gem that I found growing across the side of one of the rocks in my tank LITERALLY holding several rocks in my foundation together.

Yes, this is a rough, wiry algae.

So, I don't have a problem with the algae that grows in my display but I sure have been removing a ton of the stuff lately. The current thought in my head, and I ask the general masses for their opinions on this, of adding something like a fuzzy chiton or something to eat at this stuff to cut back on the work on my end. I wouldn't think that this would be something my marine betta would prey on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom