So guys...and gals (of course!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joyler

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today I had a job interview with Petsmart today!! Wish me luck guys, cuz I really want to make the fish department a trust worthy place where we aren't just another store trying to get into everyones pockets!! I really want to make it a good place for every experience level to come...fingers crossed!

Awesome. Good luck and hope you are successful in your goal!

Oh and by the way...that will mean I will be asking a lot more questions, so I can get the BEST answers to client questions :) as this is now my favorite hobby, and would love to re-create the enthusiasm in others! Hopefully you will be seeing a lot more members from the Seattle area...ones that I have referred to you wonderful people ;)

that sounds awesome! I'm sure you'll do great if you get the job :D Did you ask to work specifically in the fish section? That would be awesome, just cleaning the tanks and teaching the customers. Maybe you'll give petsmart a good rep, and they'll start requiring better care in other stores :O!
I would love to work at a place like that, and do what your doing, but in my small town, we have only 2 places that sell fish. and they're such small businesses they dont need other workers...
actually I worked at our pet store once (locally owned) and they fired me because they didnt like me telling them we shouldnt keep the bettas in a cup. But in places like petsmart theres so much fish inventory, you can make things work better :D I have a good feeling about this for you :D Hope all goes well, and keep us posted :D

Awww schucks guy!! I totally will :) you guys always know how to make me smile...I didn't ask them about fish directly, but I mentioned my 50 gallon build and they found it rather intriguing :) I also love dogs...so fish aren't my only reason, but I really do want to change the way people view "fish loving"! Also...I had surgery a few hours after my interview...it was nothing invasive or life threatening, but would love good vibes of a quick recovery from awesome people like all of you! Your encouragement always makes the most discouraging days much sunnier :)

yay! I think if you try hard enough people will see how awesome fish can be :D I always feel so bad for the dogs in those places, they always look so sad :( You should encourage them to see if they can find local dogs to sell, or at least not puppy mill ones :D
And its great to hear your surgery went well! Take care of yourself for the next little while, just take it easy and stare at your pretty fishies :D

GoldfishNewbie said:
yay! I think if you try hard enough people will see how awesome fish can be :D I always feel so bad for the dogs in those places, they always look so sad :( You should encourage them to see if they can find local dogs to sell, or at least not puppy mill ones :D
And its great to hear your surgery went well! Take care of yourself for the next little while, just take it easy and stare at your pretty fishies :D

I don't have any yet!! Blah!! Lol

Good luck! I want to do that when I FINALLY get old enough. How old do you have to be?

Oh lol...I think they require 18...all of us at AA should start a revolution, and make the aquatic department better

Joyler said:
Oh lol...I think they require 18...all of us at AA should start a revolution, and make the aquatic department better

Grrr... 5 more years dangit!!! So close... Yet so far!!! (but I can volunteer at the humane society at 16!) (caught em on a technicality suckas!!!)

Thanks! And I don't remember if I mentioned...I'm two days out of surgery, and I have not felt any pain, and have actually been pretty active :)

Back
Top Bottom