So... Where do I start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everybody! I currently have a 45 gallon cycling (With a plastic sandwich bag 1/2 filled with old aquarium gravel as a seed). I am wondering what fish I should put into my tank first?

I am planning on getting:

3 Peppered Corys
--

8 neon tetras (I have 4 as of right now)
--

Some nerite snails
--

4 Bolivian rams
--

5-10 Guppies

My Tank IS planted, so I was just wondering what fish I should introduce first when it's cycled? My "5-10" guppies are still growing, they are about 3-4 weeks old they're still hiding in their little breeder net:hide:. Should I put them in as soon as It's cycled? Also, are my fish compatible? Thanks! :thanks:

well I would only put 4 guppies in 1 male 3 females since they breed llike crazy. And watch out for the other fish they will eat the guppy tails.
I had some experience with that recently and my platie killed my guppy so be carefull

We'll if it were me I would start with the neons and guppies I already have, once the tank is finished cycling, and then slowly ad the others. Maybe 2 or 3 every other week.

Alright! I'm hoping by the time my tank is cycled, my guppies will begin to show color. I will try to put the males in the new tank and females in the old!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I bumped the cories up to 5 would that be overstocking? Or would I be OK? I have a fluval 306 canister

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shouldn't be too bad.
You just need to be carful not to shock a newly cycled tank to much or you could through the balance out of whack again.
But with the guppies being so young it should be ok

Back
Top Bottom