Some saltwater/clowns questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strychix

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Howdy. With a new LFS, specifically one that isn't a all around pet store, that is for freshwater (yay!) and saltwater (double yay!) aquariums, I'm excited to try out the marine side of things.

I may be able to get a 100 gal saltwater set up for essentially free, it was offered to me before but I didn't have a way to go to another town and bring it back. I have a truck now but I don't know if the offer still stands, so for now I wanted to set up a 20g and try it out. Thus I am only planning on a 20g for now and working up from there if possible later if I'm still interested.

I'm a bit of an aquarium hoarder, so I have quite the selection of smaller aquariums from garage sales and the like. My 20g options are long and high, which one would be better?

I'd really like to get a pair of clowns, but not sure whether to go with occs or percs. I understand that maroons and clarkiis are likely too large, what size aquarium would you suggest for those later down the road?

Is there any tank mates that will fit in with such a small tank? I would work up to a 30g if I find one, what about then? Suggestions for both scenarios would be great.

What inverts, corals, and CUC would you suggest?

Finally, is there any cheap lighting DIY sites? I'm not particularly on a budget, as I'm not in a hurry, but I'd like to save money where I can so i can more easily fund the aquarium/other tanks/other pets/life. Lol.

And lastly, should I get two clowns of the same size or should I choose them in different sizes off the bat?

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom