Something is wrong with my tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mpulido0316

Aquarium Advice Regular
So it's super cloudy and it wasn't like that before. It got worse over the last couple of days. Not really sure what to do. Help? This is what it used to look like compared to how it is now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1425627961679.jpg
    1425627961679.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 1425628040695.jpg
    1425628040695.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 56
Hi mpulido316:

It looks like a bacterial bloom. When did you cycle your tank? Have you recently done any maintenance on the filter? Have you changed your feeding regimen at all? Have you added fish recently? What are your current water parameters?

-Yorg

So it's super cloudy and it wasn't like that before. It got worse over the last couple of days. Not really sure what to do. Help? This is what it used to look like compared to how it is now.

I started cycling it about a week ago, give or take a few days. Just the occasional rinsing out in old tank water since it had a buildup of substrate sediment. I don't have fish yet so no feeding unless you count the ammonia I've been adding to it. No fish. 2ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, 7.5ph.

It's perfectly normal. You should see things clear up in a few days. I assume you're doing a fishless cycle. Stay the course, and be patient!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the additional info, mpulido0316. This happens very often during cycling and is nothing to worry about. I was thinking that you had an established tank, in which case it might have been a cause for concern since there's always an underlying cause.

Congratulations on choosing to do a fishless cycle.

-Yorg

I started cycling it about a week ago, give or take a few days. Just the occasional rinsing out in old tank water since it had a buildup of substrate sediment. I don't have fish yet so no feeding unless you count the ammonia I've been adding to it. No fish. 2ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, 7.5ph.

Back
Top Bottom