something killing my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had one lemon tetra, 1 cardinal tetra, 3 male guppies, and one male platy die in the last 2 1/2 weeks, my tank has been set up for one year at my house and five years at the previous owners.

My tank is a 100 gallon tank I just changed my lights to two 65 watt CF , and added a couple of plants. I do weekly 25 to 50% water changes with gravel vacs. My temp stays at 79 to 80. I run a 2 canister filters a enhim 2217 and a magnum 350. I will post my other parameters latter.

I think they may have some kind aof parasite and was wondering what I sould do.

Thanks

I have a 100 gallon tank with 2 65 watt CF lights
Ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5
Ph 7.6 to 7.8
Temp 78 - 80
In my tank are
1 clown loach, 1 flying fox, 1 BN pleco, 3 emarald green cories, 5 amono shrimp, lots of MTS
10 neon tetras, 5 sarpea tetras, 1 lemon tetra, 1 platy , 3 mollies, 2 female guppies, 2 male guppies and about 20 fry.

I noticed one of the female guppies today with some stringing white poo but I have not noticed any of the others with it. I have not noticed any other signs. All of the other fish seem to be fine.

Thanks for your quick replies

Try feeding some medicated fish food for starters. Jungle makes an parasite medicated food. You may have to crush the pellets up a bit for your fish. I assume the fish are still eating?

Thanks Zags yes all the fish are still eating well, Will that food be ok with my clown loach

Yes the clown loach will be fine with it. Just don't feed the regular food in case they try and avoid the medicated food. :)

Ok I just fed them the first feeding of Jungle anti-parasite medicated fish food. It is pellets, They are very hard I tried to crush them but was unable so I soaked them in aqarium water and then tried to mash them up, my fish eat ok at least most of them.

Is there a easier or better way to do this? and will this stuff harm my shrimp or any of the other fish in my tank?
Wish me luck

Back
Top Bottom