Something on my snail shell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

souk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could anybody help me ID what is on my snail shell. It sort of looks like a half clam/scallop shell that has an orangish/yellowish colour. It's growing as the snail grows and sometimes I think it is lifted up about 1 mm and today I saw my blue damsel take a whack at it and then leave it along. Or maybe if someone can point me to a link with some pics. TIA

Maybe somebody can give me some camera advice.... how can I get a clearer close-up without the picture getting fuzzy? Seems I have to stand back to get a clear picture but then I lose the details.

Unless you have a higher end camera you will not be able to get closeups on small items with clarity unfortunately

Just reach in and grab your snail, set him up against the front glass and then set your cam right up against the outside glass and you should be able to get a good pic. Ash him to say "slime"

Hope this helps a little :D

I messed around with the settings and got this picture, a bit better. I used the macro setting on my FujiFilm 2600Z

Well, observing this little guy I noticed that it in fact is alive, it seems to filter feed and when I turn on the flashlight the little shell snaps shut. Can a clam grow on a snail shell?

Barnacles dont have a shell that "closes" like scallops and clams though do they?

Back
Top Bottom