Somewhat cycling withblack phantom tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you will have time for water changes when necessary and have Prime on hand. I think you can handle it.

It's alright, but I don't think it detoxifies ammo, trites and trates the way Prime does. If you get a bottle of Prime, you can use it if you have any spikes. And use your Stress Coat for when there is no ammo or nitrites present. When you use up your Stress Coat, you might want to consider switching over to Prime cause it's more economical.

Really? My stress coat is probably half way or more used. And only probably 5-6 water changes. How muchh is prime?

So about how many water changes do you get out of 1 bottle? I'm getting about 10-12 out of thisa

A 500ml (16.9oz.) bottle treats 5000 gallons of water. Don't buy it at large chain stores if you can help it. You can order 2 bottles and qualify for super saver shipping on Amazon, and it will be much cheaper than chain stores.

All rewviews in amazon make it sound amazing. Someone said the 12 doller bottle Kaster for 2 years doing 30% weekly wc on a 55 gallon tank plus extra treating and such. Sounds like I'm buying this soon! Do they have it at petsmart or lfs? But is it more expensive?
Whoops posted at the same time! So I'm gonna call my lfs and see how much. But I think I'll order only 1 on amazon.

All rewviews in amazon make it sound amazing. Someone said the 12 doller bottle Kaster for 2 years doing 30% weekly wc on a 55 gallon tank plus extra treating and such. Sounds like I'm buying this soon! Do they have it at petsmart or lfs? But is it more expensive?
Whoops posted at the same time! So I'm gonna call my lfs and see how much. But I think I'll order only 1 on amazon.

I treat my water for the whole tank volume so mine doesn't last as long as that reviewer's. But it's still very economical for the price.

Well water change question. When I've been doing it I take pitchers that are like 3/4 gallons and treat each with 1 gallon worth of stress coat. Is that a good way to do it? How do you?

Your method is fine. I use an Aqueon water changer, so water comes directly from the tap. I dose enough Prime to treat my whole tank for extra security. It also makes measuring easier for me since my tanks are close to 50 gals. each. So I just throw in a capful. You don't need to worry about overdosing with it unless you are using like 5 times the recommended amount.

Yes. You have a 37 gal.? If so, to make it easier, you could do about 3/4 of a cap of Prime directly in your tank. Swish it around. Then add your pitchers of water. Swish again. Wait a few minutes for it to do its magic. Then turn on your filter. Or you could use a syringe to add it drop by drop to each pitcher.

Bit if I add tap water into the ware that's dechlorinated. Will the tank water mix with the normal water? Because will the fish die if tap water is added with out prime?

If you add the Prime to the tank right before adding tap water, it will be fine. That's how almost everybody who uses a Python or water changer does it. But you can do it however you are comfortable with it. It's just important to add dechlorinator before turning on the filter so that chlorinated water doesn't kill the BB. Does that make sense?

If you add the Prime to the tank right before adding tap water, it will be fine. That's how almost everybody who uses a Python or water changer does it. But you can do it however you are comfortable with it. It's just important to add dechlorinator before turning on the filter so that chlorinated water doesn't kill the BB. Does that make sense?

Yes! So like bring the water lvl down to halfway. Add 37-40 gallons worth of conditioner, then start adding buckets of water?

Back
Top Bottom