South american cichlids in 45 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking for a some new worlds to put in my 45. I would just want a pair or even a single. I am not well versed in South Americans so any help would be appreciated

Semi big would be ideal. Something big but not to big to eat my butterfly fish. He's the only tank mate right now, and I don't really need anything else. I was looking into severums?

Im not 100% sure these are south american but

Firemouths
Convicts
Cutteri- idk how big they get
Salvini- can be very aggressive
Blood parrot

Severums are to big for a 45 imo

New worlds are my favorite. They have an awesome attitude and personalities. I have a 55 with two oscars that will be moved and a 55 with a red devil. The 150 will be heavily stocked but heavily filtered also

Im not 100% sure these are south american but

Firemouths
Convicts
Cutteri- idk how big they get
Salvini- can be very aggressive
Blood parrot

Actually none of them are from South America, they're all Centrals. Something in Cryptoheros or Thorichthys such as the cutteri or macullpinnis would work well. Cichlasoma salvini are far to large and aggressive in a 45g, you'd end up with a single fish.

27198-albums9583-picture56036.jpg

27198-albums9947-picture46456.jpg

27198-albums9953-picture41002.jpg

What would you recommend hukit?

Cryptoheros:

Panamensis. MY fish pictured in last post.
Sajica.
Honduran sp. My fish pictured in last post.
Nanoleteus.
Cutteri. MY fish pictured in last post.
Chetumalensis.

Thoricthys:

Mixteco sp.
Macullpinnis. MY fish pictured in last post.
Aureum.

Amatitlania:

Siquia.
Coatepeque.
Multispinosus.

Any of these in terms of a pair would work, I have other Cryptoheros such as septemfasciatus and myrnae but these are some what rare but are also great additions if your able to locate them. I'd stay away from some of the larger Thoricthys such as pasionis.

I'd hate to be accused again of posting fish that doesn't belong to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom