South or Central American build project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I had scuds going for a while. I don't keep anything that will not take prepared foods though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great information guys!
I like to overthink things sometimes. Since this tank is at my brothers house, and we both travel a lot, I do have an automatic feeder on it. I'll get a pic of it later. I've dialed it in on portions, and it's worked like a champ on my other tanks.
Eventually I'll teach my niece how to do appropriate daily feedings, but I trust this auto feeder when I'm not there.
I told her right now her biggest job is being the tank nurse and to call the tank Dr if anything looks askew.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've looked at a few of my recent posts that could use an edit. Can I do that somehow? I don't want you guys thinking I'm a 7yr old girl. Also, I know the difference between knew/new lol.
The beer was flowing like wine yesterday!

No edit after X hours!(ask me how I know?)
We all(well some of us...) have been a little "happy" while posting.. and been a little late on the rebound.

I still laugh at HUKIT (especially since he can't shoot me from where he is):facepalm:.
Ya you got it right dude!!!!:rolleyes:

No edit after X hours!(ask me how I know?)
We all(well some of us...) have been a little "happy" while posting.. and been a little late on the rebound.

I still laugh at HUKIT (especially since he can't shoot me from where he is):facepalm:.
Ya you got it right dude!!!!:rolleyes:

Buzzed advice can be good advice, even if you seem 7 lol.

I'm beginning to think most advice here is buzzed advice with BBQ sauce all over their phone. It works for me. That's why there are so many advice chaperones (fish police) on here to keep people in check.

Coralbandit, is it a maze to edit, or do I need to travel through the 7 layers of the candy cane forest past the twirly swirly gum drops to do it?

I just figured it out. Genius here! The x hours makes sense too.

An edit can be made within a certain time period of your post, 60 minutes maybe? After that its set in stone. And even the irresponsible rednecks are careful mixing buzz, barbeque sauce and advice.

These words, "Irresponsible rednecks are careful" can't be used in the same sentence. Edit that lol!

A pwc party just broke out at my place. What are the odds.

I'm beginning to think most advice here is buzzed advice with BBQ sauce all over their phone. It works for me. That's why there are so many advice chaperones (fish police) on here to keep people in check.

Coralbandit, is it a maze to edit, or do I need to travel through the 7 layers of the candy cane forest past the twirly swirly gum drops to do it?

I like BBQ!
The X is only because I must sleep at some time!
I wake up and it is too late!
You all are so great I have no regrets!
Some things you can't change.
I haven't gotten any hate mail since my last warning!

I think you are catching on and as for the 'fish police' I hope they pull me over for speeding while breeding my rams!!!!

On TMRC there are a lot of different people keeping fish.
Funny about the other things we have in common!
You said 'redneck' like it was a bad thing?
I am born and raise in NY but .........

I think I left out the part that I was a sniper in the 75th Rangers 3rd battalion right? :lol:

My old man was a Ranger during Vietnam . Thank you for your service. And I hope you weren't offended that I said I was expecting Rob Zombie. I have a very smart mouth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Indeed Hukit, thank you for your Service and Sacrifice. Thank you to your old man too brennae.

Thanks Jesse,
I'm working off the Wet Spots current stock report. What they have avail and what really looks good to me when I'm there will be the deciding factors. I'll be there next weekend to pick up 6 more Peruvian Rummynose and 6 corydoras. My current Cory choices are loretoensis, atropersonatus, and sp C96 "armatus type"
In another month I'll add the Apistogrammas. 1m 3f if the WS has that ratio avail. I'm focusing on getting WC fish if possible. Mainly for their behavioral differences from TR. Also, if successful breeding occurs, maybe I can work out some trades with you guys:)
My Apisto options are baenschi "inka", Barlow "red", eremnopyge "diamond", paulmuelleri "apache" (coolest name!), and sp "oregon".
I'd like to hear your guys opinions on stuff... Good and bad.
When the tank is aged, I'm thinking of adding a Hypostomus Sonia "red bruno pleco" or Leporacanthicus sp "vampire pleco"
I like the zebra and vampire Otocinclus too.
Is a vampire plecos bioload equal to that of 17 Ember tetras?

I would forget the barlowi, they're jerks. Hypostomus anything is a beast and vampires hit 10 inches. I guess that would be the bad...
The rest of the apistos are sweet, but baenschi and oregon are pair only, nissenji types don't play well with conspecifics. I would go with zebra otos, but add them last so the tank has a nice established biofilm.

Thanks Gillie,
I didn't see the 10in size. That bioload is more than the rest of the eventual tank fish combined.
I'll give all the Apistos a real good look when I'm there. Maybe even sneak some pics;)

If you haven't already, Google Earth Machu Picchu. Its my first time zooming in on the topography. I'm geekin out a bit.

Im sure a wise man once said, seguir el Río Vilcanota.

Back
Top Bottom