South or Central American build project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's awesome to see someone as young as you with exceptional taste in fish, rather than the common Petco stuff. I'm looking forward to more pictures!

Maybe I should specify a couple things here. I turned 40 a few months ago, not real young anymore. My back aches, yet I have urges and impulses to delve into a multitude of projects these days. Can I pack 36hrs into a 24hr day? No, but I keep trying. Midlife crisis? No, just livin.
This tank idea started out as a birthday gift from my brother and I for my 7yr old niece. His only responsibilty is paying for everything i do. She's an avid biologist in the making, so what would be better than this SA Build. I'll focus it on Peru, because Gillie is all over Columbia.
This tank is located under her bunk bed in a cool little fort area.
Secretly this tank is for me to build my own personal experience. It's great when someone else flips the bill for whatever I want to get.
Hey, I've saved him a lot of money which he won't even understand.
Thanks Hukit, I've always gained something from your color commentary over the last few years. A Central American build will happen when another bill flipper is found.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Does my bad spelling, grammer, and word usage make me read young haha

I must admit, the craftsmanship and attention to detail told me you weren't young. I'm not asserting it made you seem old, just wise. I don't see that level of fabrication/expertise out of guys younger than me (24).

Thanks TMRC
I'm going to blow this thing out with Frankenstein DW. You get my drift?

Haha, I just wanted you guys to see my working conditions. I see your point.
It is filled with kitten and puppy pictures.
I'll tell you, the bunk bed height is an inch too low...boom! It hurt today.

Which apisto will you be going with? Since the tank is for a child, something with some color is in order eh? Wet spot has super red cacatuoides.

Tough call on the apisto. The WS stock sheet for all apistos shows "unsexed pair".
Should I call before I go in to see what they have available with a 3f to 1m ratio?
I like the baenschi "inca"
I'll definitely do WC of their best stock when I'm there.

I must admit, the craftsmanship and attention to detail told me you weren't young. I'm not asserting it made you seem old, just wise. I don't see that level of fabrication/expertise out of guys younger than me (24).

So what are you saying? My tanks lack attention to detail!? Haha I'm only slightly younger than you though

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I thought that as well haha! Keep at it FG, someday you'll see the light and become established.

Off topic for just a moment.
So yall utes can see a glimpse of what it looks like when you're over the hill.
Eventually, you'll want even more totally unnecessary things.
This is on my want list. I'm surrounded by water in seattle, so it's actually a beautifully efficient mode of transportation to avoid hwy traffic.

Attachments

• 1445016829410.jpg
    1445016829410.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 58
So what are you saying? My tanks lack attention to detail!? Haha I'm only slightly younger than you though

Freakgecko, you are in a class of your own. For your age your knowledge is immense, I say your fish keeping age is mid forties, about like brooksters real age right? :cool: (meltdown in 3..2...1....)

Off topic for just a moment.
So yall utes can see a glimpse of what it looks like when you're over the hill.
Eventually, you'll want even more totally unnecessary things.
This is on my want list. I'm surrounded by water in seattle, so it's actually a beautifully efficient mode of transportation to avoid hwy traffic.

I will now forever picture you as the apparently fearless guy captaining the vessel in that picture. That heroic silhouette is priceless.

Freakgecko, you are in a class of your own. For your age your knowledge is immense, I say your fish keeping age is mid forties, about like brooksters real age right? :cool: (meltdown in 3..2...1....)

I will now forever picture you as the apparently fearless guy captaining the vessel in that picture. That heroic silhouette is priceless.

Haha thanks man. My job also ages me at an incredible rate, mixed with having the body of a 90 year old (2 back surgeries 3 years ago, luxating patella aka bad knee). I met a patron who was 81 and was getting up the stairs of her home faster than I could lol

That's hilarious! Not your body falling apart, but the story. When she got in her house she yelled, I whooped that kids arse again!

To be slightly on topic, the almond leaves and DW are working nicely. The ph is down to 6.8-7.

That's hilarious! Not your body falling apart, but the story. When she got in her house she yelled, I whooped that kids arse again!

To be slightly on topic, the almond leaves and DW are working nicely. The ph is down to 6.8-7.

Mind you even with that, I put my body through hell, I was jumping a 6 foot fence repeatedly the other day...the joys of being an animal control officer haha

This tank should come out nicely, and kudos on picking a specific country. I like my Brazilian tank. I always cringe when I hear "Amazon biotope" lol

Mind you even with that, I put my body through hell, I was jumping a 6 foot fence repeatedly the other day...the joys of being an animal control officer haha

This tank should come out nicely, and kudos on picking a specific country. I like my Brazilian tank. I always cringe when I hear "Amazon biotope" lol

Where in MD are you an ACO? My dogs are from MoCo, Frederick, and WHS.

Small world, I work for WHS

Wow, I have one from NY Ave and another from GA Ave. And of course Mr B WHS alum who passed away in Jan. I'm not allowed to visit the shelters anymore :hide:

Sorry to get off topic though....hey, it's Friday so the Wet Spot stock will be updated later (y)

Wow, I have one from NY Ave and another from GA Ave. And of course Mr B WHS alum who passed away in Jan. I'm not allowed to visit the shelters anymore :hide:

Sorry to get off topic though....hey, it's Friday so the Wet Spot stock will be updated later (y)

I work out of NY Ave :) I actually have a baby squirrel in my coat pocket as I type this. Poor guy was orphaned.

Do we have an official stock plan? I can't recall anymore lol

Back
Top Bottom