SpaceFish's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peacock gudgeons.

Nice, how are they doing today?

If you do end up with a M/F pair be careful. Males can be a bit pushy, almost agressive, towards females at times. Even in a community tank I lost 2 girls to my dominant male.

Nice, how are they doing today?

If you do end up with a M/F pair be careful. Males can be a bit pushy, almost agressive, towards females at times. Even in a community tank I lost 2 girls to my dominant male.

They have been out of the plants a lot more. The two of them are always exploring together, and the male doesn't seem to show any aggression at all - in fact, he seems to have been bullied by the other males at the fish store.

They either didn't notice or didn't care about flake food, so I gave them bloodworms instead and they loved them. I'm also planning on starting a little brine shrimp hatchery.

Showing nice color! I never had issues with feeding, find them to be just as piggy as the green neons and forktails.

Showing nice color! I never had issues with feeding, find them to be just as piggy as the green neons and forktails.

Hmm... I'll see if they accept flake food once they get settled in, when they are closer to the surface.

It seems like the female might be gravid! Sorry that there are no pictures of her yet. Do peacock gudgeons need caves to spawn, or will they spawn without them?

Thanks! I know they like caves, but I'm just not sure I can find something in time if she's gravid now.

Here's a good picture of the male. I was trying to get a picture of the female, but he just swam right in front of the camera.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446954588.130389.jpg
Am I posting too many pics of them?

Here's a good picture of the male. I was trying to get a picture of the female, but he just swam right in front of the camera.

Am I posting too many pics of them?

Nope, fish pics are great (y)

I've seen spawning behavior with mine but only had eggs when I had some pvc pieces in the tank.

Space - We like pics at AA. Brings the posts to life.
At any given moment my camera roll will be 95% aquarium related, 4% family/pets/home repair and 1% UFOs, Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster, and selfies.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Space - We like pics at AA. Brings the posts to life.
At any given moment my camera roll will be 95% aquarium related, 4% family/pets/home repair and 1% UFOs, Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster, and selfies.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was just looking through my camera roll, and EVERYTHING is aquarium related except for one picture of a random tree and one of my cat.

Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure I took a picture of that tree because I thought it would look nice in one of my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom