SpaceFish's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The two gudgeons are already much more active and starting to associate me with food. I think I'll try giving them some flake food tomorrow. Also, still no signs of aggression from the male.

Gudgeons like pvc pipe tubes. The female puts the eggs on the inside of the tube and the male stays with the eggs. Very nice fish. You might consider adding another 2 females if you can just to divert stress off the line female.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was planning on getting some PVC pipes, but I'm not sure how to camouflage them since it was originally to be a completely natural looking tank.

Also, since it will be a community tank I'm not intentionally breeding them, it would just be nice if they did.

Yeah, I was planning on getting some PVC pipes, but I'm not sure how to camouflage them since I originally intended for this to be a natural looking setup.

It's messy to do but I coated the pvc with aquarium sealant then covered it in fine grain gravel. Going to see if I have a pic...

I finally got some decent photos of the female!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447049277.452615.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447049290.272373.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447049327.025141.jpg
What do you gudgeon experts think? Gravid? As I was taking these pictures, the male started following her around. Not quite chasing, but closer than usual.

Better safe than sorry..go out and get some PVC now. Use a pipe cutter for clean, burr free edges. You can set some PVC aside for "decorating" with silicone and gravel/sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Better safe than sorry..go out and get some PVC now. Use a pipe cutter for clean, burr free edges. You can set some PVC aside for "decorating" with silicone and gravel/sand.

I used the cutter plus a file just to be safe. Good to place one end against the tank so there's only a single entrance to guard.

With no experience with gudgeons I say she looks full!:flowers:
Adding the cave will entice her and him so go for it!(y)

Thank you! The male is also showing brighter colors today. What size PVC is best?

Someone here helped me with that, 1.5" maybe? I've had them try to spawn in PVC, cholla wood (!?!), and even this SS shrimp caves which are probably 1":

img_3304140_0_ce01650ff945410719abda9731a548ad.jpg

Probably just super paranoid, but despite searching the entire tank I can't find either of them anywhere! I turned off the lights and looked with a flashlight, tried luring them out with food, went through with a net, and still nothing. They'll probably just be there tomorrow morning as if nothing happened.
???

I have a clown loach disappear in QT once. Took everything out of the tank(being a QT it wasn't much) and still nothing's even looked in the filter. Assumed he jumped and cat got him. Came back a few days later and I see him swimming around like nothing happened. Still no idea to this day where he went :)

They will turn up

Caleb

I have a clown loach disappear in QT once. Took everything out of the tank(being a QT it wasn't much) and still nothing's even looked in the filter. Assumed he jumped and cat got him. Came back a few days later and I see him swimming around like nothing happened. Still no idea to this day where he went :)

They will turn up

Caleb

Thank you. That makes me feel a lot better. I haven't found them yet, although I haven't looked as thoroughly as yesterday.

Peacock gudgeons are known to disappear and then suddenly pop up.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I just found both of them! And it may just be my imagination, but the female looks a little slimmer... Maybe I'll get fry soon?

Back
Top Bottom