Spare ten gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a spare ten gallon lying in my room with all of the equipment and I was wonderin' what I should do with it. Sump for saltwater, breeding tank,livebearers, crawdad tank,.......

Would would you guys do with it?

It all depends on what you are intrested in. what did you use the aquarium for before this.I just got a ten gallon aquarium and i have a small comunity of 1 black neon tetra, 2 dalmation mollies,1 silver lyre tail molly,1 female balloon molly.

When i bought the balloon molly i was told the silver lyre molly was a balloon but turned out that it wasn't. I cant add anymore to the aquarium than this except maybe a shrimp or some snail to keep the tank clean. At first i thought 5 fish werent enough but after looking at how they acted for a while i saw that it was better with only a few fish because they can be bossy sometimes and such and such and want to get away from the others. And they have plent of hinding areas. I dont necesarilly like plants to much but a few are good. they eat them when they get hungry. I love the big rock i bought it cost me 20 dollars a bit too much but worth it. Its a big nice rock with two holes in it. The fish swim thru and hang around in there. Lol im talking a bit too much about myself. : ) Ok you just try to make a decision. Oh and crayfish seem cool. I want some but they cant be with fish unless its for their food. I mean you wouldnt want it killing ur fish. So you just tell us what you want and we'll help. : )

Freshwater invert tank. Snails and shrimp, lots. Plenty of rocks and plants.

I'm going to be boring and say keep it as a hospital tank. You never know when you might need to separate one fish from all the others. It could be aggression issues, some nasty disease, quarantine for new fish. It is always good to have a small tank that can be set up in a hurry. Perhaps your tank could crack or spring a leak and you need to house your fish temporarily. Who knows.

But, if you want another fish tank up and running, I'd go with a cool mini biotope. Brackish, blackwater, a river tank, palaudarium. I like this last one because you have land and water and you could keep all sorts of fun creates... well a few fun creates since it is small. :D

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I'm going to have an invert tank. I plan on getting a cobalt blue lobster and some ghost shrimp for it to feed on, and if it doesn't want them, then I will just keep them. I also plan on having one other crayfish or a crab of some sort.

Do the crayfish need heaters? And what should I feed it? I know meaty fodds of some sort because I go "fishing" for crawdads all of the time. I just tie a piece of raw meat on the end of my line and dip it into the creek. You can catch a ton that way. They're also only $2.00 a dozen at my local bait shop. Could I buy these?

Back
Top Bottom