"Special" Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tell me about your "special fish". You know what Im talking about. That guy that cant swim a straight line. Or the one who does cartwheels constantly. Or Nemo. Those fish that seem completely healthy but have some odd mutation or disability.
I have a Habrosous Cory that cannot swim upright. He always goes sideways and upside-down. Alot of times in weird circles. Has been like that a long time but seems healthy! (Well other than the fact that he looks drunk)
So whats yours?

My elephant nose likes to spend most of his time swimming backwards around the tank! He also pushes his self into my live plants & sleeps there weird!

Um details? Lol

Well before I new what I was doing, I had some neon tetras and an amano shrimp in a 2 gal tank. Eventually all the neons died except for one, so it because an amano shrimp:lol: It would hover of the shrimp all day following it around.
I still have the amano shrimp.

Well before I new what I was doing, I had some neon tetras and an amano shrimp in a 2 gal tank. Eventually all the neons died except for one, so it because an amano shrimp:lol: It would hover of the shrimp all day following it around.
I still have the amano shrimp.

Lol thats hilarious!

I have 6 small clown loaches that spend a good deal of time in a small cave that I made out of 4" pvc cut in half. Whenever I bend down to look at them in the cave,the largest one is always upside down on the roof of the cave.Weirdo,lol.

I have a 1 foot long red bay snooK with one eye. I think she is a bit of a creeper i always see her at the side of the tank staring at me with that eye. She follows me from side to side and eats from my hand. But surprisingly she is a very efficient predator and very greedy i have seen her scoop up 5 goldfish in her big mouth and you can see a few heads peaking out of her mouth. However i was not too happy when my albino ruby shark disappeared and seen her with a fat belly looking quite pleased. Tsk tsk...

ForumRunner_20130114_142733.jpg

I have 6 small clown loaches that spend a good deal of time in a small cave that I made out of 4" pvc cut in half. Whenever I bend down to look at them in the cave,the largest one is always upside down on the roof of the cave.Weirdo,lol.

Lol that is funny

I have a 1 foot long red bay snooK with one eye. I think she is a bit of a creeper i always see her at the side of the tank staring at me with that eye. She follows me from side to side and eats from my hand. But surprisingly she is a very efficient predator and very greedy i have seen her scoop up 5 goldfish in her big mouth and you can see a few heads peaking out of her mouth. However i was not too happy when my albino ruby shark disappeared and seen her with a fat belly looking quite pleased. Tsk tsk...

Lol whats a snook?

Had a female P. elongatus back when I was breeding cichlids pretty heavily that was born without a tail fin. Her dorsal and anal fins over time became very elongated and swept down/up at the back of her body, creating a pseudo tail fin. She swam just fine and even successfully carried and brooded several batches of normal offspring before she passed away. I always regretted that I never got a picture of her.

Had a female P. elongatus back when I was breeding cichlids pretty heavily that was born without a tail fin. Her dorsal and anal fins over time became very elongated and swept down/up at the back of her body, creating a pseudo tail fin. She swam just fine and even successfully carried and brooded several batches of normal offspring before she passed away. I always regretted that I never got a picture of her.

Dude that is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom