Specific name and gender for cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O by the way auratus can be hyper aggressive so just a heads, up good to have a few females for it to keep him busy

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 I used to call mine the devil fish lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I named mine shadow. He's always lurking around in my rock decoration more than others.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's an auratus. That looks nothing like a Johani. Most likely male but I have seen females in males color so vent to make sure.

And what exactly are these?

Attachments

• 1399161655934.jpg
    1399161655934.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 1399162294093.jpg
    1399162294093.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 87
First pick is cobalt blue. The second one kinda looks like a red zebra but it kinda looks like maybe some dragon blood mix. Can you get a better pic of the second one?

Here ya go lol

Attachments

• 1399238023510.jpg
    1399238023510.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 58
Yea it defiantly has the body shape of a red zebra. But the horizontal shines lines make me think it has dragon blood mixed with it. It's defiantly some kind of red zebra hybrid though.

There will always be a possibility of it happening. Zebras and cobalts are hard to determine sex just by looking at the fish. Venting is the only real way to know for sure.

Isnt the auratus the more aggressive cichlid? My cichlids don't seem to have any issues at all but almost everything I've read shows they should be aggressive toward my other two. Just confused. Is it because he's a juvenile?

Back
Top Bottom