Starfish in a Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveMc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering, would it be possible to add start fish to a Nano tank? I have seen some very pretty stars and was wondering if they will end up just too big for a nano.

Thoughts?

Most die in closed systems. Get a serpent star! Hardy and awesome

+1 serpents! I have a bunch of tiny ones in my 3g, hitch hikers. True sea stars really aren't good aquarium stock, as they just don't do too well.

+1 serpents! I have a bunch of tiny ones in my 3g, hitch hikers. True sea stars really aren't good aquarium stock, as they just don't do too well.

I see they are sand sifters as well. I take it this will help keep the sand bed cleaner then right?

I see they are sand sifters as well. I take it this will help keep the sand bed cleaner then right?

They eat any detritus off the surface. They're wonderful cuc members and great aquarium inhabitants.

They eat any detritus off the surface. They're wonderful cuc members and great aquarium inhabitants.

They sound perfect! When I was looking at some of the others I seen where they can get up to 10" or more in size and thought they would overtake the tank. Since these are only about a inch in size from what I am reading that would be perfect. Can get a few for the tank then. :)

Oh mine is like 6" lol. This is what mine looks like Serpent Sea Star, Fancy Banded
They bend real easily though and can maneuver between rocks so they don't take up much room.

Ohh....when I searched for it I got something entirely different lol. I like this one, looks like they got others as well in different colors.

Ohh....when I searched for it I got something entirely different lol. I like this one, looks like they got others as well in different colors.

Yep definitely an interesting invert for any system

Lol nah, those tend to starve in anything but the most established tanks.

Good to know. Will avoid them, Maybe when I go to a bigger tank but the link you added I am really liking them.

Back
Top Bottom