Starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You cannot tell the bad ones from the ok ones because they all have the potential to be bad or ok. It's just something that they "decide" at some point.

Ok Thanks Doug. Just something I got to keep an eye on then
Yes. They may never misbehave, but then again, they may turn into soft coral eaters over night. It has nothing to do with color, or the amount of legs or anything like that IME.

I think mr X is probably one of the most knowledgable on here. :) I read that asterina stars breed like crazy, so I would keep an eye on them. I wish I had some though, I bought a Linckia star and it appears they like to eat asterinas!

Doug is the best here at AA. I had the same experience of my linknia star would chow down on my asternia stars. He really has put a dent in the population.

So with an absence of asterina stars, what would you recommend I feed the Linckia?

So with an absence of asterina stars, what would you recommend I feed the Linckia?

place raw shrimps, clams right underneath the linckia. but in general starfish needs lot of micro-fauna in a reef for the long term, also the linckia should eat off the debris and scavenge around the tank

Back
Top Bottom