Starry night eel help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaronp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Bought a "Starry night eel" from my fish store a couple days ago tried looking for some info on it online couldnt find anything at all about it anyone have or heard about it that could give me some info on it like how long i gets what it could eat ec. Its in my 55g planted tank with comunity fish and my peacock eel

image-3521356064.jpg

Never heard of it. Do you have a pic? It's not a tiretrack otmr fire eel either?

Never heard of it. Do you have a pic? It's not a tiretrack otmr fire eel either?

No not at the moment ill try catching it in the morning and post a picture ,but no its not a tiretrack or fire eel its way smaller and skinnier almost looks like a indian glass eel but has the face of a peacock eel , when i bought it it was marked down as a starry night eel ?

Could be an african slender or longtail eel. You could call them and ask for the full name..or maybe they labeled it wrong.. I've seen LFS unable to identify zig zags and tiretracks.

Someone on MFK posted a thread like this, does it look like this pic?

Attachments

• image-3199054669.jpg
    image-3199054669.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 796
Im shure its not any that you said ill try taking a picture^ , and i saw that picture too but im not shure its the same one i will try taking a picture of it and postin it

Looking forward to seeing it :p

There are literally soooooooo many species of eels in the same family as peacocks and zig zags.It could be hard to identify.

I found this chart with a bunch of the spiny eels on it before but I can't seem to find it now..

I found this chart with a bunch of the spiny eels on it before but I can't seem to find it now..

Ya i tried to find it but its not anywere but heres the pics !i also looked at the chart as well and nothing ,iif u need better pics ill try to get him later today

image-4153188081.jpg

image-3005524659.jpg

Ya i saw the chart as well and no luck but here the pics its smaller than the other eels let me know if u need any more pics ill try to take more later

image-491933519.jpg

Starry night eel!

image-4073843689.jpg

Back
Top Bottom