starter fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPCustoms

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am almost done with setting up my 28 gallon nano cube hqi and I was wondering what the best freshwater starter fish. I eventually want to get a dojo loach and a green spotted puffer but I have read they aren't good fish to start out with. Any help is appreciated

Well if you want a puffer that changes everything in the long run. But im guessing you would like some hardy fish right?

KPCustoms said:
I am almost done with setting up my 28 gallon nano cube hqi and I was wondering what the best freshwater starter fish. I eventually want to get a dojo loach and a green spotted puffer but I have read they aren't good fish to start out with. Any help is appreciated

Hm well what other fish were you planning for your stock? I dont know much about puffers, but wont it have to be the only gish in the tank (besides ground feeders)

Well tetras are really cool! So you could get a school of about 6-7 tetras to start with

so if you get a tetra since its a community fish, say you are getting 6 do you have to get 6 of the same kind of tetra or can u get like 6 different kinds of tetras?

KPCustoms said:
so if you get a tetra since its a community fish, say you are getting 6 do you have to get 6 of the same kind of tetra or can u get like 6 different kinds of tetras?

Same tetra. I guess you could do different ones, but if they are all the same the tatras feel alot more comfortable, and will school more

hmm well that sucks but anyway what are some really good hardy starter fish?

My brother is a complete noob. He keeps his gourmies and mollies in water with 2ppm ammonia. Pretty toxic water, but they are all alive!

Terrance said:
My brother is a complete noob. He keeps his gourmies and mollies in water with 2ppm ammonia. Pretty toxic water, but they are all alive!

Lol is this guy your brother or somthing?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Thats called a fish in cycle and it usually ends up with many dead fish

Back
Top Bottom