Starting to plan a S.A. Cichlids tank - need stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't matter, I'm not interested in doing discuss. But thanks for coming in and trying to stir the pot.

-Mak

It doesn't matter, I'm not interested in doing discuss. But thanks for coming in and trying to stir the pot.

-Mak

I doubt he was trying to stir the pot, but a lot of people who have no experience with discus and may want to try them read these threads and it would be irresponsible of those of us that do have experience not to correct misinformation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423323303.199271.jpg
My new baby Blue Acara

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423323388.661835.jpg
My new wild caught A. heckelii Threadfin Acara

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423323829.491686.jpg
Replaced some gravel with 10 lbs of sand. I put thin slate vertically into the gravel to keep it separated. The geo and Guiancara love it. They're digging pits and sifting like crazy.

I'm thinking about adding some silk plants. Does anyone have pictures of them in their tank? I'm not a fan of fake looking plants, but the guy at my LFS was saying that they don't look as fake as the plastics.

-Mak

I'm done stocking. I'm just going to be working on aesthetics; algae control, hard scaping, I might even remove my "sunlight" bulb and replace it with another blue bulb (which might also help with the algae)

-Mak

Back
Top Bottom