Steelers got one for the thumb!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't normally watch football but even I know that one Seahawk touchdown should have counted and that one Steelers touchdown was total B.S. Poor Seahawks got robbed! They should be called the Stealers! The ref should get MVP.

I disagree, tally - I thought the first Steeler's TD was, in fact, a touchdown. It looked to me like the ball 'broke the plane'. :shrug:

The first Seahawk TD, on the other hand, was an iffy call - I think that could have went either way. I was glad to see the receiver called for the foul, though, as I think in ALL sports today they're way too lenient with calling anything.

Well I just can't help but feel like every call the ref made favored the Steelers. But maybe my geographic location and tendency towards supporting the underdog makes me biased!

Two of my friends today already have said that the Steelers were 'chosen' to win before the game started. :roll:

Yeah, you're probably biased. :p

It just seems like statistically the Seahawks played better. Their quarterback was definitely better. I'm not someone who knows alot about football but the Seahawks certainly looked better especially early on. If those two controversial calls had gone the other way the Seahawks would've won but then I guess the Steelers fans would be upset with the ref. From all the pre-game talk I expected the Steelers to completely dominate the game and they certainly didn't do that so I guess that's something.

From the NFL Rulebook:

NFL Rulebook said:
Offensive Pass Interference

b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

The Seattle player did this right in front of the back judge. No need to debate it any further.

I did not see the ball go over the line, nor any part of Big Ben's body. IMO, that was not a touchdown.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers...they will ruin any teams chances of winning.

I saw it a POSSIBILITY that the tip of the ball touched the goal line. Having said that, it seemed hard for the ref to overturn the call on the field. If it was not ruled a TD on the field, and the appeal said that he did cross, I still think the ref would've let that stand also.

Boring game IMO. Redskins would've made a better game out of it. And yes, I'm very biased. Hee, hee.

Did like the monkey and the baby clydesdale commercials. I'm not sure if I liked the streaker commercial, but it was kind fun, I guess.

IMO, the biggest glaringly "bad call" was the seattle catch/fumble in the first quarter that was ruled incomplete. 8| he caught the ball, tucked it in, turned around and started to run... but it was ruled incomplete... ?

But I do have to agree, it really did feel "set up" right from the get go.

Did you notice those little lombardie trophy snips that were in black and white they kept playing. Did you notice every one of those snips was a stealers player, except one. And that clip was a montage split between stealers and seahawks... nothing like feeding the paranoia! :)

Wow.........I did feel that the beginning of the game was all them..."Seahawks" but, they made some really bad moves play wise. I kind am very bias as you already know. The Seahawk touchdown ruled out of bounds...........It was out of bounds and the touchdown from are QB was ruled a touchdown because it was. The officials upstairs called it too. The ball did break the plane..Barely but it did......Sorry mu opinion. And by the way there were a ton of face masks and cutting that was oh so unfair from the seahawks. GO STEELERS>>>We got it.

I thought there were some bad calls, but the two that people keep mentioning weren't them.

1. Pass interference: As JChillin said, although that pass interference call negating a Seattle touchdown was a close call, and might not have been called in every game, it fits the rules, and was a legitimate call.

2. Roethlesberger touchdown: Another one that was too close to be considered a "bad call." If he didn't make it, it was REALLY close, and there wasn't clear evidence to overturn it. Besides, they still had another down to punch it in. They most likely would have scored.

But I counted three that were clear-cut, even although they likely would not have changed the outcome of the game.

3. The "phantom" holding call on Seattle: Madden was right. There was no holding. Seattle got robbed on that one.

4. The illegal block call: What? He was trying to make a tackle after the interception. Seattle got robbed on this one, too. Maybe the extra yards made a little difference; maybe not.

5. The Seattle fumble: As mentioned above, Pittsburgh should have gotten the ball on this one. This time, the Steelers got robbed early enough where it would have given them serious momentum.

Well those articles are all from the steelers.com site! :uhoh: Anyway I'm done bellyaching. I'm over it.

Bad calls are always the excuse in every game that "your" team losses. Bad calls are half the reason sports are so popular. Gets the blood pressure up and when it over with you can sleep at night. Not a NFL game out there that had every call made correctly. I agree Seattle won the first part of the game but Pittsburgh won the second part and the game. No amount of complaining going to change the final score. It could have just as easily been bad calls the other way and all the Pit fans would have been here complaining. Either way it is just entertainment by a bunch of overpaid big headed punks. Gotta love it. Only in America. :usa

I think the same as talloulou. That stealers TD was bull. I feel that this is the first "set up" Superbowl game. Seahawks should have won.

Jchillin said:
From the NFL Rulebook:

NFL Rulebook said:
Offensive Pass Interference

b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

The Seattle player did this right in front of the back judge. No need to debate it any further.

I did not see the ball go over the line, nor any part of Big Ben's body. IMO, that was not a touchdown.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers...they will ruin any teams chances of winning.

Thx for the official response on that, J. ;)

The ball doesn't need to go over the line, just break the plane of the endzone, which includes the 'inside' (field side) of said line, which I thought it was fairly obvious it did.

Regardless, the game was horribly officiated; I thought that fumble should have been a fumble as well.

I'd have enjoyed the event moreso if the commercials were worth mentioning, which imo most of them weren't. :|

Pufferowners said:
I think the same as talloulou. That stealers TD was bull. I feel that this is the first "set up" Superbowl game. Seahawks should have won.

How so? (1) The pass interference call was pass interference. E(2) Even if the Pittsburgh touchdown wasn't a touchdown, it was only third down. Do you honestly think the Steelers couldn't have gotten it into the endzone from the one-inch line on the next play? (3) The holding call was bad, I'll give you that. But Pittsburgh came back from a holding call to convert a 3rd and 26, and eventually scored on that drive. Seattle choked when it was their turn. (4) The illegal block call was just dumb, but didn't really have any impact on the game. Add 15 yards to the reverse pass play a couple of plays later, and Ward still beats every Seahawk to the endzone. (5) And the Steelers should have gotten that Seattle fumble that was ruled not a fumble.

So, in short, I don't see anything in the above that was game altering.

Thank you bosk1 and cJw. I was feeling a little ganged up on.....I was afraid to read my own post. Some people really get the wrong idea of what I was getting at. I love my team and have for 20 some years........I remember Sunday Italian meals and watch the game with all my family. Now I got my boys and husband into it...somewhat. I really like the sport. We did truly deserve it.......Six seed and we over came a not so perfect season. But, we wanted it more and had a better game.

Did anyone watch David Letterman last night????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom