stock suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
What would you guys suggest as stock for a 55 gal bow front that will be a reef i want 2 clowns thats all i can think of right now :)

I personally think a 55 should still have small fish in it. Stay away from dwarf angels, they are too hit or miss. Even though my coral beauty is well behaved I'd trade him in a second.

You could get creative though. I still have some future rehoming to do, but I want a blue spotted puffer in my 55 reef. There is already a marine beta in there so I only have snails and hermits really. There is a Pom Pom crab that he has left alone that'd be a nice snack, but the big derasa clam would get destroyed. That and with a b/w maxima on the way today I don't want to chance it. If you aren't doing clams, you could get one!

Reef safe isn't always the best word to use for some of the non reef safe fish. Sometimes things are considered not reef safe because they eat all inverts around. The marine beta and blue spot puffer are examples of this. I haven't seem anything about this puffer going after coral, only inverts and especially clams. Check it out on LA.

Well mine is. Bought it extremely small and it has grown to the size of my thumb. If it can fit it into its mouth it'll eat it. He is the smallest fish in my tank. I wouldn't put one in with small fish, but when they max out the size of your hand there is only so much it can fit in there. By the time he grows up, he should still be the smaller of the residents in the system for the most part.

So they should be fine with clowns then? I was thinking of fish like fire fish and a yellow watchman and the betta as a centre piece fish

So they should be fine with clowns then? I was thinking of fish like fire fish and a yellow watchman and the betta as a centre piece fish

Get ready for a challenge with the marine beta. We got one to eat frozen and pellets while we QT him at the store but as soon as i got him into my tank at home he came off of prep food and only wanted live but couldn't compete with my other fish so he died after a few weeks because he spent too much time trying to stalk. Plus he ate every shrimp i had even my CBS that was bigger than the fish.

Back
Top Bottom