Stocking 150G reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamHorton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My setup:

150 SW tank with 15G refugium/sump
100 lbs LR, eventually will be 200-250 lbs

Here's what I have so far:

1 Maroon Clown
1 Diamond Watchman Goby
1 Bi-Color Pseudochromis
1 Bi-Color Blenny
13 Small Damsels

Now I don't plan on adding any fish for a while, which is why I'm doing my research now. Here's what I want to add to the tank:

a Tang (I want two, but I realize that maybe only one is possible)
a school of Bangai Cardinals

With the cardinals, my intent is eventually to breed them. The next time I attempt to get them I'm going to try and get a school of six or so and hopefully at least one pair will mate among those.

I've looked for some standard on if two tangs will even work with my setup and haven't found much. If so, I don't know which types are compatible with which, though I'm not picky.

My only problem with your equipment is that your refuge is awful small for that size tank. I would consider a 30 or 40 gallon tank. It wont take much backflow to fill a 15 gallon tank.

The only problem is the 13 damsels. They will get quite mean and harass your bigger fisg. Get some anthias instead.

I agree with you on that, but unfortunately I'm stuck with this setup for at least a year or so and I've tried what I can...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-this-weekend-any-comments-advice-119872.html

But, I've run some tests and it doesn't overflow when I turn the pump off. The pump is on a battery backup, and I'm looking into getting a float switch to prevent the pump from running dry if for some reason one (or both) of the siphon tubes stops working. At least this is everything I can think of to deal with this kind of setup... any more ideas are certainly welcome.

Back
Top Bottom