Stocking 20gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,

I just recently got my hands on a 20 gallon tank! I'm in the process of cycling it, but in the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what I want to put in it. It'll be a planted tank, possibly dirted, with a sand bottom. I'll be moving my male betta over as well.

I'd love to hear anyone's ideas! :)

I would do a stock of
1 betta
8 neon tetras
6 kuhli loaches or 6 panda corys or 10 pygmy corys.

I'm not too fond of neon tetras. I find they're a bit overdone. Any other good schooling fish I could stock in place of them?

I do love the idea of kuhli loaches or panda corys, though! I also had a clown pleco in mind too ((perhaps in place of the loaches/corys))...but I'm a bit on the fence about it. Would it be okay in a 20?

It would be okay to add the pleco it's just you won't see it everyday more like maybe once a week. Instead of neon tetras you could get 8 pristella or 8 bloodfin tetras.

You could also consider White Cloud Mountain Minnows. They are generally a cooler water fish but can do fine in a community tank. The males "flash" their fins frequently - nifty little fish. Definitely need a school/shoal.

You could substitute the neons for 8 harlequins as they have just about the same bioload.

Back
Top Bottom