Stocking 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that green terror is very nice,on angels especially youngsters are very suseptible to ammonia, i raised angels and a little amonia will wipe out a hole batch of angels

I think what I want is a peaceful fish that can be in a community and not bother any other fish. The GTs won't work because according to my mom spending >$10 on a fish "is a bad investment" :/ duh, I knew that. <sarcasm

i try to fill all debths of the tank with bottom feeders, angels, severums, rainbows,etc for the middle .and zebras,tetras, etc for the top

Ok
Bottom- Cories, Pleco
Middle- Rams, Rainbow Fish like you said, Neon Tetras or a Dwarf Gourami
Top- Guppies, Hatchet Fish
You might have to choose some fish and lose some to make it compatible and all fish healthy and happy.

vanimal said:
Ok
Bottom- Cories, Pleco
You might have to choose some fish and lose some to make it compatible and all fish healthy and happy.

I like that!

Sounds like a pretty good and average tank setup. Lately I've been on a kick of having just a few large fish in the tank, but it could be because I just got some juvenile red terrors.

Yeah sometimes i like large fish, so just a few of them, sometimes i have had a tank full of guppies swords, platties and mollies with alot of java moss and let them repopulate themselves.

I have had almost everkind of freshwater fish you can think of.now im very happy with my salt tank, not just with fish but corals, anenomies, etc, had the pleasure of watching my anenomy split in two,

I wish i could have saltwater.. Your lucky! Where did u get juvi red terrors? I love red terrors. It must just be something about fish that end with terror...

mikeISright said:
I wish i could have saltwater.. Your lucky! Where did u get juvi red terrors? I love red terrors. It must just be something about fish that end with terror...

Here's my little guys. Ex cichlasoma festae aka "red terror"

vanimal said:
Ok
Bottom- Cories, Pleco

That sounds good! I'm really excited to get the pleco because my lfs has these really awesome ones, they are dark brown with yellow spots and a huge dorsal fin!!! My sister will love it. How about frogs? The have albino ADF's and brown ones at the store.

mikeISright said:
Lucky.. Thats a lot though?

There's 17 total right now. Once they get some size to them I will pick which ones I want to keep the rest will be sold off to friends or lfs. I want to get a breeding pair so hopefully out of 17 I will get one. The females are really mean so I may be shooting in the dark.

Hiya, I am now thinking something like:
5 hatchets
8 rummynose or neon tetras
3 honey gouramis, 1 male 2 females
5 congo tetras (if I can find them)
4 pitbull plecos or cories

Will this work?

It seems a bit understocked, could I do 8 congo tetras, 8 rummynose and 8 neons? Would that be to much?

AquStockImage.php

Seems a bit much...

Back
Top Bottom