Stocking Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay, so I got a 29 gallon and it has a wonderful filter and heater and everything is running smoothly. I know the types of fish I will be getting (neon tetras, panda corys, bn pleco, and a dwarf gourami) but I do not know what order to get them. I'm aware you need a week or two between adding types of fish to make sure there isn't a huge ammonia spike and such. But is there a specific order I should be bringing them home? Smallest to largest, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh and any other fish suggestions, like I should get these instead of those sort of thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think there's a certain order but I will say you want to bring one species at a time. I say this because about 6 months ago I got a new tank and I introduced a bunch of random fish to cycle with. About a week later all my fish slowly began to die. I saved two fish. The worst part about it is because I added random fish I couldn't figure out what caused it. So just bring in one species at a time and you should be good.

May the force be with you.

Bring in the smaller species first - like the neons - so that they can get comfy and whatnot before you add the larger (and inevitably more aggressive) fish.

Back
Top Bottom