*Stocking Help* Monday is still indecisive... (20g long)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmonday

Aquarium Advice Freak
AquStockImage.php

Cb7M29U.jpg

20g long, medium planted with driftwood, rocks and 2 hidey caves. My filters are a Fluval c2 (rated up to 30g) and a large sponge filter (rated up to 20g). Temp is about 75F right now, but can/will bump it up to 76 with the addition of the gouramis.

I know my stocking might seem a little weird, bbut I'd LOVE to keep the bamboo shrimp and sparkling gouramis if I can. I've scaped the tank so there's a big rock directly underneath the filter outflow, and would be a perfect spot for a filter feeder shrimp to feed.

3/4 of my tank is covered in salvinia minima (constantly having to scoop some out! :p ) so the other half of the tank is pretty still and shaded, seeming peaceful enough for gouramis.

I've talked with another aquarist who also kept CPDs, habrosus cories and sparkling gouramis together at 76F and didn't notice anything unusual in any species' activities. She later told me she separated them for different tank displays with the gouramis being at 79F and didn't notice a difference in their activity levels.

Because of my CPDs and cories, I've been mainly feeding frozen bbs and cyclops and am looking to start a microworm culture too. Seeing as I primarily plan to stickto small foods, a bamboo shrimp should be okay?

What do you guys think? Only things in the tank right now are the CPDs, cories, 5 RCS and 5 MTS (and some unwanted pond snails but whatever haha)

Back
Top Bottom