Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah-mac-2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all :) new to the hobby and got a 33 gallon tank not too long ago. Currently have 1 angelfish, 2 Bolivian rams, 2 bristlenose, 3 corys and 4 Molly's( which I'm eventually getting rid of)
Any ideas on what I could add after the Molly's are gone?? Would really like a larger sort of fish like the angels size and/ or a group of schooling fish.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply guys :)
Would the angel be likely to attack the dwarf gourami? And am I better off getting a dwarf rather than just a gourami

sarah-mac-2 said:
Thanks for the reply guys :)
Would the angel be likely to attack the dwarf gourami? And am I better off getting a dwarf rather than just a gourami

I have an Angel with a Dwarf Gourami and they get along great! No problems at all.

Alright so I ended up getting a gold gourami and 2 blue rams. The trouble is that 2 days later the gourami started to attack the angel.
He usually just sneaks up behind him and nips his tail ( veil tail angel) the angel chases the female gourami away but I'm worried.
Is this them just getting use to each other?
What should I do? :(

Gold gourami's get large and aggressive. If you could I'd return them due to aggression. With 4 rams (2 German Blues and two Bolivians) be sure to have alot of plants or decorations so if they want to have their own space to get away to they can. How large is your angel? Your best bet would be a small colorful gourami or a small schooling fish like rummy nose tetras, cardinal tetras, lemon or diamond tetras. The lemon and diamond tetras get bigger and do well with angels as they don't tend to be nippers. Your tank isn't overly large so really you best bet might just be a dwarf gourami. But know there can be nipping at first until the fish have gotten used to each other. I have 10 veils and had one Electric Blue Ram that at fist thought its feelers were worms and would suck them into his mouth and chew (not nip), it took till about the 3rd try and the angels chase his behind but good and it stopped completely after that. Just be on hand to watch the interaction if the angel is over nickle body size.

Now that I look closer the gourami seems to be sucking on the angels feelers too, maybe his a but confused. Will watch them closely and see how they go, hopefully it stops.
Got plenty of plant cover for the rams too, who seem to be getting along great after a week or so.
Thanks for the help, really appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom