Stocking! (large tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KonvictKeeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So. When I get settled into my fish room, I would like to set up a large(r) tank.
Probably a 90 long. I have the filtration and everything down so don't ask about that.
Would should I stock it with? I'm kinda thinking about an oscar. YES A SINGLE OSCAR! I like to give fish more than enough room... What do you guys think?

Love it!! You talking one of my dream tanks right there. One big Oscar, but I'd have a few tankmates, maybe some Silver Dollars &/or JD's with a Royal pleco. I can see it already...... actually, I can..... :lol: One of my lfs has pretty much my dream tank set up. It's a bit longer than I want, but they do have a full grown arowana in there as well.

Ooooo maybe a ghost knife!

YES.... I knew I was missing something (y)

I'm planning just about the same set-up, probably some time next year. My thought is to set up the tank with all the other fish first, and let them get up to size before the Oscar is introduced, since Oscars do grow faster than most other fish, and it'll be less likely to bully anything else.

Can anyone chime in and tell me how big of a tank I would need for ONE managuense? 90g is too small right?

Never heard of them. Googled it, otherwise known as the Jaguar Cichlid, and those things can get HUGE (upwards of 22"!!!!!).... Unless you're talking a really big tank, I think that's a bit much.

Back
Top Bottom