Stocking list. Need help on lowering pH!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flash081

Aquarium Advice Activist
3- Apistogamma Cacatuoides
12- Zebra/Glofish Danio
10- Rummynose Tetra
6- Corydoras (maybe albino, panda, or really any I like them all)

40g long planted and my pH is around 7.6 in tap but because I'm cycling right now it goes from 7.8-8.0.

I know I should keep my tank right around 6.8-7 pH for this stocklist, but how should I go about lowering it?

Also, input on the stock list is appreciated if you think something should be changed =].

Don't adjust your pH. All fish can adjust to your pH. Better have a stable pH than a fluctuating pH from you trying to change it and killing all your fish. You should only adjust your pH if it's ridiculously high like at 8.8 or super low like 5.5 If it's between 6-8, it's good for all but sensitive fish. Here's a great link to cycling: The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

3- Apistogamma Cacatuoides
12- Zebra/Glofish Danio
10- Rummynose Tetra
6- Corydoras (maybe albino, panda, or really any I like them all)

40g long planted and my pH is around 7.6 in tap but because I'm cycling right now it goes from 7.8-8.0.

I know I should keep my tank right around 6.8-7 pH for this stocklist, but how should I go about lowering it?

Also, input on the stock list is appreciated if you think something should be changed =].

There's really no need to worry about trying to establish a specific pH... just keep it stable, your fish will acclimate and do fine at the higher pH's.

However if you are set on lowering pH ... adding DriftWood and Peat will help to lower it naturally. Stay away from any pH lowering chemicals.

Okay thanks for the info guys!
I'll just make sure that the pH is steady and let the fish acclimate to it.

Back
Top Bottom