Stocking list revised

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IME - its better to wait a month/however long it takes to save the extra $75.
You may want it set up NOW, but trust us on this one - once its all set up and you have a full stock list, you will wish you had a bigger tank. (I am stuck with a 42G and I wish I had a 75.... (75g can accomodate fish with a much larger appetite/bio load - eg, tangs, puffers, lions)

Another question - you mentioned originally you were after a coral beauty, what made you change your mind against it?
Also - check out the firefish goby - these guys have SO much personality (must be kept in 2 or more, or you will never see it)

Well I changed my mind because I already had a flame angel on my list but did not want to take the chance and see them fight.I was looking at the fire gobies and did not know they like to be kept in schools!I'll look into them to! :D

you can look on craigslist i got mine for 200 with pretty much the basic stuff, i just needed to upgrade the lights and but the protein skimmer as the equipment so ill look for good deals

So far on craigslist (were I live) there are really crap deals.Could I go with as a stocking lst sometyhing like this:

x5 green chromis
x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 flame angel
x1 coral beauty
All for a 75 gallon?Can't decide or have both a yellow tang(dad wants it) or/and a fire goby.....?
ideas,ideas,ideas....

OK thanks so this is good:

x5 green chromis
x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 flame angel
x1 coral beauty
x1 yellow tang
I think this is good.What do you guys think?

I would just save up for that 75g. Equipment won't cost you much more on a 75g than it would on a 65g. 65g's are also rather tall and don't have much front to back room which makes scaping rock a pain. Your stock list is fine, but I would just watch the gramma after awhile as they seem to get more aggressive as they age and become quite territorial. Not discouraging you from getting it, just keep an eye on it. Good luck, and have fun!

Awesome hope it happens to me!!!Could I put the 2 dwarf angels in a 65G?Like this:

x3 or 5 green chromis
x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 flame angel*
x1 coral beauty*
*Add at the same time.
in a 65G???

I'd personally reccomend going with 3 chromis.

They are good as a very first addition - tank fillers/testers/starters - because they are so cheap and quite hardy.
They quickly became boring for me - I am now wanting to replace them with something more interesting...

Couple of points to think about:

- What timeframe are you looking at introducing all of these?
There are plenty of articles on how you should add livestock to a cycled tank, but this is also dependant on funds :p

- What do you want in your tank in 1-2 years time? 2-5 years time? even 10+ years? Have a look on google for the life expectancy of the fish.

AA has taught me never to rush when it comes to fishkeeping especially with marine. Patience and LOTS of research from many different sources.

If you do't want the chromis, consider 3 cardinals for your schooling fish. They don't move around much, but they will huddle.

OK thanks guys so I'll go with chromis.I'll add them like this:
after cycling the tank(2-3 wks)
x3 green chromis
after 3 wks
2 ocellaris clowns
after 3 wks
x1 royal gramma
after 6 wks
x1 flame angel
x1 coral beauty
after 10 wks*
x1 yellow tang*
Is this good?Oh and how do you cycle a SW aquarium?
*if a 75 gallon is acquired.

That looks like a good timeline to add fish.

Have a look in the articles section - This is a good one on cycling you tank.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/articles/articles/3/1/Cycle-your-salt-tank/Page1.html

Make sure you read a few different articles on how to cycle a tank. This step is VERY important to get off to a good start.

I have also had great results using a product like stress-zyme (live bacteria).
Some hate it, but I swear by it.

also b4 you add them think about the quarantine timing because it will save you alot of head aches im almost done with my qting due to ich because i didnt qt when i first got them

Back
Top Bottom