Stocking my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHRIMP17

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have deep cleaned my fish tank (emptied it cleaned, replanted). I have 9 guppies, 2 bristle nose plecos, 8 rosey barb babies (willing to re home), 4 panda cories, 1 redline torpedo fish. I want to get an elephant nose fish. I now also want 2 medium sized fish to add some diversity. Anything you suggest?? Possibly some cardinal tetras if there is space

What size tank is this? The stock you currently have needs a fairly large tank, and elephant noses are not small either. Aside from just space, elephant noses are very shy, and may not be compatible with your other stock - the current fish are much more bold and may scare the elephant nose.

About 70 US gallons/ 260L I really want an elephant nose fish. If not could you suggest and medium size fish. I really like dwarf puffers. Is is possible to have one or will it nip fins?

Definitely not discus, they're very difficult to care for. Maybe some larger tetras or two Bolivian rams or something

No goby they are brackish. If you are going to get 4-6 bosemani then thats all becuase the get up to 5". Them plus everything you have and the elephant nose would be fully stocked

There is brachygobius xanthozona and brachygobius nunus the frist one will tolerate freshwater but the second one will not tolerate it

Back
Top Bottom