Stocking my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a thought

An oil catfish looks very similar with the plump body and and it is also a bottom feeder

They are some cool fish and they're 100% freshwater
And they remind me a lot of the bumble bee goby lol

Just a thought though.

Pretty darn adorable

I think they reach like 3or 4 inches maybe?

Attachments

• image-2096875800.jpg
    image-2096875800.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 36
Back to the gobies, the way to tell the difference between a BW bb goby and a FW one is the stripes. The stripes on the FW one will be solid, the stripes on the BW goby will be broken. Also, various Stiphodon will be OK in FW. My favorite has to be the neon blue goby. Just keep in mind, though, that gobies are notorious diggers.

I have a couple of the bumble bee Gobys in my FW tank & they're fine. At your LFS they more than likely only have the FW ones. That being said I do add salt to my aquarium every water change. Not enough to make it brackish tho, just a few tablespoons in my 55g.

I have a couple of the bumble bee Gobys in my FW tank & they're fine. At your LFS they more than likely only have the FW ones. That being said I do add salt to my aquarium every water change. Not enough to make it brackish tho, just a few tablespoons in my 55g.

Also, pure sodium chloride (which is what aquarium salt is) will not make brackish or marine conditions. Marine salt is what is needed, and aquarium salt does not contain all the other additives that marine salt does.

Pretty darn adorable

I think they reach like 3or 4 inches maybe?

I had one of these the next day I couldn't find it at all I figured it got eaten. 2 years later I was breaking down the tank and lifted a base rock and saw it scurrying around the tank. so it is cool looking fish if you ever get to see it lol.

Back
Top Bottom