Stocking suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jherr

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I currently have 5 Black Skirt Tetras, and 2 Clown Loaches in my 29 gal tank. What would you all suggest I add to this community tank? I'm interested in some sort of centerpiece fish, or other interesting additions that wouldnt be too difficult for a novice to the hobbie. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• fishtank0011.jpg
    fishtank0011.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 44
Clown Loachs are a little big for your aquarium.. If your looking for a centerpiece fish I would assume the ones that are compatable with tetras and loaches would be Angel fish or Discus. Discus being out for a novice.. Angels might be a little hard to keep for a novice as well but I dont think there very hard. :D
have you checked out a compatability chart?
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/fwcompatibility_chart.cfm
From your picture I see you have a UGF and a HOB (maybe a canister) filtration set up.. Ill try not to comment on it.. 8O :D :D

clown loaches will probably outgrow your tank... but take a look at the compatability chart, as a general rule.... you should have about 1 inch of full grown fish per gallon

ahh, thanks for the info guys. I really didnt know Clown's got that big. I really wanted some Cory Cats, but the LFS didnt have any at the time.

I've had Angelfish in the past, they were great fish for well over a year till I introduced a new fish that spread a disease that killed them in a matter of days, I wasnt able to save them in time.

Im interested to know what's wrong with the UGF & HOB ?

I wouldn't recommend discus for a beginning hobbiest......if you're looking for a centerpiece fish I would recommend some rainbow's.....their colors change with their mood and are quite beautiful as they mature....you can really see their colors evolve which is what I love. They are also fairly easy to take care of in my experience.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1053

Back
Top Bottom