Stocking tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salt kills any kind of disease and I've got a Silvertip shark in there that requires salt also. It's like a catfish if you've ever seen them. It also relieves stress too.

You can send me fish to Delaware without them dying? I've got over double the filtration for my 55 gallon tank also. I've got 2 55/75 Aqueon filters for that tank and in my 29 I've got 100 gallons worth of filtration in it. I just put some swordtails, clown loaches and some retreats in it. Everyone of them seems to be doing great.

You can send me fish to Delaware without them dying? I've got over double the filtration for my 55 gallon tank also. I've got 2 55/75 Aqueon filters for that tank and in my 29 I've got 100 gallons worth of filtration in it. I just put some swordtails, clown loaches and some retreats in it. Everyone of them seems to be doing great.

Yeah but I'm confused on what you're talking about

Clown loaches in a 29 gallon? They would outgrow even your 55g. Also, over filtration only does so much for over stocking so even though you have a ton of filters you will still run into major issues

They told me a clown loach would be ok in the tank.

They need 6 foot long tanks at least, the grow to 16" with the norm being 12+. Just google "Marge the clown loach" or "Albert the clown loach" to see for yourself. Do yourself a HUGE favor and never listen to a salesman when it comes to fish(or anything really) some actually know what they're talking about but the OVERWHELMING vast majority either don't know, don't care, or are trying to just make a sale. Rely heavily on your own deep researching or ask people on this forum before making any purchases at all, you and your fish will live much happier lives. My clown loach is breaking the 4.5"(a very fat 4.5" too) and I've only had him for 6 months, they're slow growing but end up outgrowing most of the common tanks you'll see. The pic is of my clown in my 75g which I know only buys me time until I can get him a larger tank. Sorry you got screwed over like that

Attachments

• image-2453096218.jpg
    image-2453096218.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 52
Man only if you knew how many time I've gotten screwed on buying fish and starting up my tanks. It is really hard to decide who is right and who isn't. I can never rely on PetSmart. I didn't realize just how big a loach gets. I have seen big loaches on YouTube along with a black shark in the same tank on that video. It didn't say how big it was but I'm sure you could feed it feeder fish. Lol. All of the stuff I'm being told has gotten me worried about the sharks that I have in my tank since I like all of them. I don't have the space for a bigger tank in my house unless I start carving out my walls. Lol.

Sorry but I have to agree, your clowns need a bigger tank. 29 is way to small. They grow quickly to around 6-7 inches and the slow to around 10 inches after several years. In short they will need a bigger tank. If you remove the sharks and move the clowns it will give you more time with the clowns. Just don't plan on plants and clowns.

Thanks. I've got some time since all the fish that I have are very small so that's a plus there.

What's the striped fish next to your clown loach in the picture?

That's another type of loach, but it usually maxes our around 4". In the picture it's a clown loach and a zebra loach(botia striata), but I also have a polka dot(botia angelicus). Also, you can have plants in with clown loaches, you just have to find the right ones, case in point, my tank haha. Mine loved to punch holes in my sword plants but have left alone every other plant I got to replace the swords.

Edit:just realized I have one of each in the first pic haha, family photo!

Attachments

• image-2461292766.jpg
    image-2461292766.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 44
All tanks are a work in progress. My thing is that I keep messing with mine too much. I'm a detail type of person so if something doesn't look right I try to correct it or make things better and then it makes things worse or harms my fish. I'm slowly getting to the point of just letting the tank do its thing and keep an eye on my levels.

All tanks are a work in progress. My thing is that I keep messing with mine too much. I'm a detail type of person so if something doesn't look right I try to correct it or make things better and then it makes things worse or harms my fish. I'm slowly getting to the point of just letting the tank do its thing and keep an eye on my levels.

I was the same way at first, always adding some chemical or trying to correct ph and levels and whatever, but for the most part fish adapt to most things as long as its stable. Key to this hobby is research research research, and have fun of course

Man I had a friend that did the research and he ended up with a 125 gallon saltwater aquarium with 4 grand put into it. The most of the 4 grand was in the plumbing for the filtration. I agree with you on the adding this and that to get things right. I finally said to myself let it go last week and let the fish adapt to their new home. I used to change my water and leave a few gallons in it until I learned that was hurting my fish instead of helping them. It's hard to sit back and not mess with something.

Man I had a friend that did the research and he ended up with a 125 gallon saltwater aquarium with 4 grand put into it. The most of the 4 grand was in the plumbing for the filtration. I agree with you on the adding this and that to get things right. I finally said to myself let it go last week and let the fish adapt to their new home. I used to change my water and leave a few gallons in it until I learned that was hurting my fish instead of helping them. It's hard to sit back and not mess with something.

Main thing is weekly maintenance, around 30% to 50% water changes depending on your tank size, and getting a full diagnosis of what's wrong before you react and make it worse. For now just get your stocking situation worked out and you'll be happier and it will make this all at lot easier on yourself

Back
Top Bottom