stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smmers57

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello :) if any1 can remember i started a thread about a 88 gallon tank well im very close to have the cash for it,i still do have some questions that wernt answered but what i want to know right now is what would u suggest to stock a 30g tank which i can then put in my 88 gallon,the 30g has been set up and running for about 3-4 months it had fish in for a month but i then moved them to a bigger tank which now has no space so i want to add a few small shoaling or just some others what ever u suggest :D thank you alot in advance

If the tank is empty, dump a little ammonia in it and make sure the cycle is still active. 2-3 months of a tank running empty is plenty long enough to starve out the nitrifying bacteria.

Dwarf neon rainbows. They look awesome in schools.

ok ty but i have 1 leapord sailfin in there and loads of snails,but what would u suggest on stocking a 88 gallon and what is a good filter for it thank you

AquaClears are very popular around these parts if you like HOB type filters. I am going to be running a pair of 110's on my 75 gallon.

what do you mean hob isit a hang in side the tank one or a external filter :)

well for the stocking i was thinking along the lines of 5-6 angels 5-6 clown loachs,a plecoa shoal of tetra or barbs or both,maybe a redtail black shark and maybe some gouramis is that too overstocked for a 88 gallon some comments would be good thank you in advane

i know 88g is a lot of space, but wouldnt 5-6 angels fight for territory?? i like the rest though =] dont know much about the red tail shark, but arent those buggers a little aggressive?

well u might be right but i didnt think so,would u go on for the barbs or the tetra or both? and is an external filter a the way to go? if so which 1

barbs are well known fin nippers, so i think your gouramis and angels might be in a little bit of trouble, tetras would be fine as well as danios

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom