striped raphael catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaowl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a striped & a spotted raphael catfish. I noticed last nite when I everybody that my striped raphael looks'bloated' or like it is pregnant. What could be the situation??

Thanks in advance

I think they are well known for this. I think that they have just eaten alot but I am not sure.

I really wanted to get a Striped Raphael Catfish a while back and did a little bit of research on them. One of the things that I read is that they have a huge appetite and sometimes fill themselves right up making them look 'pudgy' or 'bloated'. Are there any other noticable changes or signs that something may be wrong?

- Mandy

thank you all--no other changes & yes I know it does have an appetite--I was thinking maybe giving the whole tank & few green peas --just incase it is constipation.

The inhabitants are the 2 raphaels--2 pictus cats--1 albino cory--7 neon tetras--3 serpae tetras--2 white fin tetras--2 chinese algae eaters--a bala shark--an irridesent shark & an african knife fish(I think that is everybody). This is a 55 gal tank.

They can and will eat until 'bloared' is an understatement....I have seen them looking like they have swallow a golfball. Just deprive them of food for a few days and they are back to normal in a wink.

Back
Top Bottom