Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems to say mold resistant - I'm not sure what that means for additives (if any) but I wouldn't use it due to any risk of water splashing off it. Just IMO though.

I'm on the fence about it. On one hand Its not aquarium safe but on the other its not submerged. Is honestly say better safe than sorry.

Yeah probably better safe than sorry. I'll see if I can get some aquarium safe caulking

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is the cuttlebone making much difference? My kh last night was 3 or 4 - at best it is helping maintain kh. No big increase in ph or kh,

Is the cuttlebone making much difference? My kh last night was 3 or 4 - at best it is helping maintain kh. No big increase in ph or kh,

Well my pH has been steady 6.8 and it still is... so I guess it's not helping. If I get a kh test kit should I test my tap water then my tank water? If tank water is higher than tap then it's h helping, right?

Just to pipe up, I'm also having a heck of a time increasing my kH. I have at least 4 cups of crushed coral (probably more) and a cuttlebone in my 110g and my kH still is between 1 and 2 (up from basically 0), even though my pH is now like 7.7 (up from 7.2)
Increasing the kH seems a lot harder than advertised =| I'm directed to increase it to 3 but lol... yeah right.

Just to pipe up, I'm also having a heck of a time increasing my kH. I have at least 4 cups of crushed coral (probably more) and a cuttlebone in my 110g and my kH still is between 1 and 2 (up from basically 0), even though my pH is now like 7.7 (up from 7.2)
Increasing the kH seems a lot harder than advertised =| I'm directed to increase it to 3 but lol... yeah right.
Yeah i should really get myself a kh test kit.. is the api one good?

Hi every one I have 120 liter tank have about 20 fish I have guppies Molly's balloon Molly's and 2 plecs but my misses wants more colourful fish can any help me with this please thanks Russell And all so I had a few guppies that was pregnant but befor they could give birth they have died not really to sure why water test are all fine can you help if you can please thanks Russell

Hey there, sad news on the fish. I'd recommend posting in the unhealthy fish section for the guppies and you will get more replies. I think the general section for adding fish. Tank and water specs will be useful info. Also how long set up for and any info on any fish/tank changes when the guppies died.

Reckon! 2 was a bit low for me and I'm happier now. The product I'm using is 'tetra correct ph 7' which as far as I can tell will lift kh and not lower which does what I need. It is plant safe but does lift ph as well from reading the back of the box. Also a bit costly.

It's been a little while since i've tested the water, but just tested the pH and it's 7.0-7.2... Still need to order the gh/kh test kit.

My kuhli has a white spot on his side, I think it's been there for a while. I thought it may have been from when they kept staying behind the heater and getting stuck. They haven't been back there forever but the spot is still there. Here is a picture of him.

Attachments

• 1389662613508.jpg
    1389662613508.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 57
My kuhli has a white spot on his side, I think it's been there for a while. I thought it may have been from when they kept staying behind the heater and getting stuck. They haven't been back there forever but the spot is still there. Here is a picture of him.

Is the white spot 'raised' above the fish and not normal? Looked to me to be fungal or bacterial but if you post in unhealthy fish you will get more replies.

Is the white spot 'raised' above the fish and not normal? Looked to me to be fungal or bacterial but if you post in unhealthy fish you will get more replies.

No it looks flush with the skin,

Could it have scraped the skin then? I've never keep these.

Does it look like it is improving? If nothing is growing out of it or it is not spreading I would try the usual water changes to keep water clean and maybe something like API stress coat if you have it to help with slime coat. I think prime does something similar.

Could it have scraped the skin then? I've never keep these.

Does it look like it is improving? If nothing is growing out of it or it is not spreading I would try the usual water changes to keep water clean and maybe something like API stress coat if you have it to help with slime coat. I think prime does something similar.

That's what I was thinking. It was on all of them, but not when I got them. It does seem to be clearing up and its gone on all but one. I think prime has stress coat should I put in a cap full?

Back
Top Bottom