Sump Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I had an acrylic sump made for me about a year or so ago and have been pulling my hair out with it ever since.

Problem #1: On the left side there is a 2" wide section where the water dumps in from the corner overflow above, there is a devider wall that seperates the dump area and the fuge. In the middle of said wall is an about 1/2" opening to allow transfer of the water from the dump area into the fuge.

I have tried about 100 different configurations to the 1" PVC gravity drain from the tank, no matter what I do there's billions of bubbles and saltwater spray/mist goes EVERYWHERE.. There's got to be something that can be done here?

Problem #2: The fuge has almost no flow, I finally just added a 180 GPH PH with a spinning nozzle to circulate water in the fuge, I assume the reason for lack of flow/circlulation is the water entering the fuge from the middle instead of the top? There may not be anything else I can do about this, but I thought I'd bring it up incase someone had an idea?

I would love to draw up a nice picture/design of it like I see many people post here, but I don't have the software to do it, I'm not sure what everyone else is using?

Thanks for the help,

-TheChad

Can you post a photo of the sump/fuge?

Try doing a google search for 'free drawing software'.

Or draw it on paper an scan it if you have access to a scanner.

Here's a Picture of the left side, where the water dumps and enters into the fuge:
l_3bfeb26dca114e079bf0072a5ad1ee05.jpg

Here's a picture of the whole fuge/sump:
l_6abc4d536aae45cc814bbf243b32f676.jpg

Currently, the graviety drain from the tank overflow comes down to the bottom of the chamber, makes a U then comes up with a "T" fitting installed 1/2 in the water and 1/2 out of the water.

Thanks,

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom