sunsun canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What're your views on this? It looks to be the same as the aquatop, I found one on eBay with everything included for $60 o_O I've been meaning to buy a canister filter but wanna know What's up with this one. Thanks!

Sunsun is a chinese brand and is a ripoff of eheim. I would say go with a Eheim or better yet get a Fluval canister filter. I have the Fluval G3 and it is great.

FreshwaterFishJunkie said:
Sunsun is a chinese brand and is a ripoff of eheim. I would say go with a Eheim or better yet get a Fluval canister filter. I have the Fluval G3 and it is great.

Sorry for the late response, work:p eh anyways I'd say it's more of a ripoff of aquatop since they have the same design, I've seen reviews and vids and all had positive feedback.

My parents have a 1000lph one of these on a community 210 liter tank and they haven't had any problems yet, it's not the best quality ever but it does the job and the uv is a nice bonus if that's what your looking at. Overall I would say not by far the best you could get but for the price I think it's a win :) hope this helps

Shane87 said:
My parents have a 1000lph one of these on a community 210 liter tank and they haven't had any problems yet, it's not the best quality ever but it does the job and the uv is a nice bonus if that's what your looking at. Overall I would say not by far the best you could get but for the price I think it's a win :) hope this helps

It does, thanks! Do you own a canister?

Yea I run 2 2000lph canisters on my predator tank they are very similar to the sun sun ones but they are made by allpondsolutions they was quite cheap too and they have never let me down :)

I think they was about £80-£90 each so still a very cheap filter, I only got them for temporary as I'm building a 550g tank with a sump as my fish grow (very soon the speed they are growing lol) but they have been running about a year and in a predator tank there is a lot more high protein wast to process and so far not 1 problem. Only thing I would suggest is getting the most powerful one you can but I recommend that for any filter with exeption of a Betta tank setup.

Shane87 said:
I think they was about £80-£90 each so still a very cheap filter, I only got them for temporary as I'm building a 550g tank with a sump as my fish grow (very soon the speed they are growing lol) but they have been running about a year and in a predator tank there is a lot more high protein wast to process and so far not 1 problem. Only thing I would suggest is getting the most powerful one you can but I recommend that for any filter with exeption of a Betta tank setup.

Hmmm think I may go with a sunsun and see how it goes. My two aquaclears aren't just doing it anymore. And for everything for just $60, I'd say that's a steal. It's like buying a ps3 game haha

Sunsun, Perfect, and Aquatop are all names for the same canister filter. As far as quality goes, they aren't all that bad. Their main shortcoming is that they aren't as robust as mainstream filters.

aqua_chem said:
Sunsun, Perfect, and Aquatop are all names for the same canister filter. As far as quality goes, they aren't all that bad. Their main shortcoming is that they aren't as robust as mainstream filters.

Cool. Ima try out the sunsun and let you guys know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom