SW FINALLY getting started...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's absolutely nothing for a reef, but good enough for FOWLR I the meantime. My coralline will surely suffer...

On the plus side, the protein skimmer has started skimming, albeit micro bubbles still abound....

*facepalm*

HalfMoon B said:
Disaster was bound to happen...
My light decided to go for a swim. Lost my light, the wall outlet, a chromis, and a good portion of my sanity and resolve...

I'm sorry to hear that. If you are going with a new fixture under 400 i'd recommend 6-8 stunner led strips by eco exotic. They are 46 per strip. And is enough par to support your tank. You can also buy them one by one until you have enough.

Ibrahim said:
I'm sorry to hear that. If you are going with a new fixture under 400 i'd recommend 6-8 stunner led strips by eco exotic. They are 46 per strip. And is enough par to support your tank. You can also buy them one by one until you have enough.

I am not familiar with those...

coffeetwitch said:
i know nothing of led lighting other than its expensive. care to share some knowledge ibrahim

I'm not going to say its better or worse than other fixtures because everyone has a right to an opinion. I only picked the strips because its considerably cheaper than other LED modules. It also gives off less heat, lasts longer, and has a nice shimmer to it. And since it's a strip, you can easily retrofit it with Compact fluorescent or T5HO. I'm buying one strip soon for my 5 gallon pico because it looks easy to place under the CF hood I have now. I can make a review on it but that's in a few weeks.

Ibrahim said:
I'm not going to say its better or worse than other fixtures because everyone has a right to an opinion. I only picked the strips because its considerably cheaper than other LED modules. It also gives off less heat, lasts longer, and has a nice shimmer to it. And since it's a strip, you can easily retrofit it with Compact fluorescent or T5HO. I'm buying one strip soon for my 5 gallon pico because it looks easy to place under the CF hood I have now. I can make a review on it but that's in a few weeks.

My concern is, are they reef capable...

HalfMoon B said:
I see that now, but a little much for my taste for now, especially when I plan on upgrading soon!

If you get a larger tank, add more strips. It's so simple and doesn't require a larger an longer new fixture.

Back
Top Bottom