SW FINALLY getting started...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No matter, I am reconsidering the 90 gal anyways seeing as I am hesitant to have to buy all new lights, and new pumps as well... At least if I decide not to, I can ell the 90 and probably for a profit...

that would be cool. i was glad you found the 90 but selfishly i was looking forward to following along on a 40 breeder sense thats what i have and could learn from you as you went.

coffeetwitch said:
that would be cool. i was glad you found the 90 but selfishly i was looking forward to following along on a 40 breeder sense thats what i have and could learn from you as you went.

Heck, even I am learning as I go!! Lol

Coralline already?

Attachments

• image-2584472844.jpg
    image-2584472844.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 69
  • image-2292095820.jpg
    image-2292095820.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 65
I also think that it looks like cyano.

The best way to help with cyano is to keep up with water changes. :) it normally grows well in tanks with a little higher than normal parameters. :)

I had an awful infestation of it in my biocube. Couldnt beat it with water changes and feeding adjustments. Finally went ahead and used chemi clean and it was gone the next morning. hasn't been back since.

It is invert and reef friendly. I just did a water change the next day to get the organics out and it was fine. I have shrimp and snails and hermits in the tank and they didn't have any trouble.

I used it as a last resort and it worked just like that. It was truly amazing. within a few hours you could see the bright red turning dark red and stating to peel off the rock.

carey said:
I had an awful infestation of it in my biocube. Couldnt beat it with water changes and feeding adjustments. Finally went ahead and used chemi clean and it was gone the next morning. hasn't been back since.

I will look into it. Manufactored by? And I traded my pj cardinals for 2 Bengaii. They looked like a pair in the store... Fingers crossed! Also, thinking ahead to corals...
I WILL have acropora. I do not want zoas, mushrooms or another beginner fast spreading corals that will be impossible to remove later.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Well, after checking parameters AGAIN, I am going to try phosban first, then I will resort to chemi clean...
I also picked up my first coral frag yesterday! Small acropora frag! Exciting!!
Sill looking for a replacement light fixture as well, oy vey....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom