Swim bladder disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie_denine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My guppy keeps swimming in her side or nose down. Kind of flopping like a fish out of water in water! I'm so worried about her! Is she just dying :( or does she have SBD? Can she get better? I removed her from the tank and she is now in a freshly water changed hospital tank.

Any updates? I've had many fish do the same thing and at first I thought it was swim bladder but usually it was their organs were failing (swim bladder too) and that creates the erratic swimming.

Does anyone have a solution to this, it's happened to a couple angels of mine.. I'm so sad they passed away..

I'm sorry for your loss. I have no idea whats going on cuz now she sometimes swims completely upside down! She is still alive though. I hate to see her like this :/

Have you tried feeding the guppy a cooked, deshelled pea? That helps with swim bladder. Do you have a hospital tank? You can get one at petsmart for like $20.

My Roomate who is baby sitting them all while I'm out of town says she fed her after a few days and she was looking a little better but now she's back to her sick self :/

Update: my fish passed away two days ago :( now two other fish of mine are sick but it's not with the same thing. Did a complete water change and now the two are looking a little better so it's not as serious. Hope I don't lose anyone else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom