Swordtail Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

booginish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im not to sure if this is any cause for concern yet, but im gonna post anyway just in case. I have a 55 gallon tank 2 swordtail platys, 2 albino corys, 10 zebra danios, 3 adfs, 3 ballon mollies, and 1 honeydew gourami. I am cureing ich at the moment in my tank with heat and a little bit of salt(its working perfectly, no sign of ich in 10 days). My water filter crapped out on me 2 days ago(never really worked very well anyway), so i decided to replace it. I went out and bought a aquaclear 3 stage filter, it works like a dream, great water flow, and takes up alot less space in the tank, it is definately oxygenating my water properly(needed at high temp). My Ammonia is 0, nitrite 0, and my nitrates are low(tested at petstore they told me it was low didnt tell me exact). I keep my tank very clean, and it has been fully cycelled for almost a year now. Anyways, my problem started when i got the new filter, i noticed one of my swordtail platys just sits in the water flow, he doesnt eat flake food but he comes to eat when im feeding bloodworms to my adfs. He doesnt move alot when hes swimming in the current, he has red bloches on both sides, but hes had them since i got him. Im not sure if hes sick, or if he is just loveing the water current. If anyone has an answer, it would be greatly appreciated. All other fish are displaying normal behaviour.:king:

If he is not displaying anything abnormal physically, I would keep an eye on him for now. Did he ever eat flake food? If he did and he is not now, then I would be a bit concerned.

sometimes he does sometimes he doesnt, thats why its hard to judge, but a bad thing, i noticed he didnt even come to eat bloodworms today, i think he might be getting ich, but i will just have to keep a close eye.

I doubt it would be ich after 10 days of treatment but watch for breathing fast, white stringy poo, flashing (scratching on ornaments), red patches becoming inflamed, or whitish cottony patches.

he was the first one to have white poo, and to be honest i havent seen him poo in a while but i can assure you the last time he did it was white, and he is the only one left that is still scratching on ornaments, and its realy hard to tell if anything is inflamed because he has always had red bloches all over him, and he doesnt have any whitish cottony patches. So is it possible he is in the stage of ich were the parasite leave his body?

Back
Top Bottom